Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted awhile back about my neighbors dog running after my truck and me being afraid I was going to hit him and also that he was running down to my house. I called the county and they came out, I saw them talking to the neighbor. Things were good for about a week then they just let the dog run wild again. Well last Friday my children's bus driver killed the dog. The entire bus was full of kids and they all saw it happen, it was very sad and these people should be in HUGE trouble. I wonder if I can report them again because that was abuse and neglect on their part!

·
Registered
320 Posts
You should call and report them. A call doesn't hurt... if nobody charges them in the end, at least you know you tried to do something about it.

That's really sad though. Obviously kids learn a lot about life when they see a pet die, but that's when it's a family pet, not when their bus driver runs over one on the street (not saying it was the driver's fault, really).

But definately call and let us know if anything comes from it.

·
Registered
472 Posts
This is so sad. Obviously these people did not care about there dog at all and what a horrible way for a doggie to go! Yes you should report them again!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
That is absolutely TERRIBLE! Poor dog. Why do people get pets in the first place if they don't want to take responsibility for them!

I am sure the bus driver feels terrible too, its scary when any animal runs out in front of a vehicle, never mind a big school bus!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Oh that's awful ,that would be so traumatic for the children witnessing that and the poor dog . The bus driver would be pretty upset too.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We dont live in the city but I still think dogs should be fenced in. Our dogs are on the invisible fence and so far it is working great for Lilley, our beagle, we didnt think it would because of her hunting instincts but so far no problems at all. The bus driver was upset, she's hit deer and turkeys before but never someone's pet. I left a message with the county. I'm just so upset over this because they have been about their dogs before, especially the one who died. They could have prevented this by keeping him on a lead on dog run or somehting!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts