Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i know ive not been a member very long on here. i must say, this is a killer site and im so glad i stumbled upon it. its nice to know im not alone. i must tell you something about myself. ive never been to PC about things. i just say whats on my mind,and what i believe in. often enough its caused me troubles.i guess im an equal oppertunity offender. but i do have a suggestion.
ive read over several posts on here and its so cool to see the love we/you have for these little creatures. some stories warm the heart,and some sadden the soul. i just read murphys latest news and said a lil prayer for murphy and his people.
a thought came across my heart and i wanted to share it. for those who wanted to do this, would it not be nice to have a section for prayer requests for the animals in our lives? just a section to leave a prayer requset. not a post and reply section. but a place to post your prayer request and then a report later. ive never seen one on the web anywhere for animals. only those whom wish to take part can, its not pushed on anybody. but theres strength in #'s as far as pray goes too. i offer up this idea to the controler of this site. but i thought you could name the section the murphy chain. it just sounds nice, and i see theres a little 4 legged boy that needs it right now, and his name is murphy. thus, we have THE MURPHY CHAIN! in honor of murphy.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I think this is a grand idea. I pray always for my girls and so often am including other beagles in my prayers. I certainly think the name is good also.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Good suggestion, ric! The power of prayer is awesome!

·
Premium Member
3,281 Posts
I do not think that this is something I, for one, would like to see. Many countries have fought hard to see society taking on a nondenominal identity. Just as the Bill of Right, it was a major step in the recognition of the respect of others.

I do think that it is a very nice idea, and ricksconnected should be commanded for it, but not for this forum. Some members are Christians, some addheres to non-Christian faiths, and some are simply humanitarians. A prayer section would color Beagleworld with a religious flavour which is not necessarily attractive to all our members nor to could-have-been members. In my opinion, this could alienate certain persons and certainly deter potential members.

BW is known for being a gathering of Beagle lovers. It has attracted the most caring and loving people, people that not only value the affection of their dogs, but the experience, good or bad, of all other members. Some do offer their prayers, some prefer to offer words of encouragment. I feel that there is no need to engage in a picture which may take away rather than add to our beautiful world. Let's those who wish to pray do so as they post, and those who prefer crossing their fingers (and paws) be free to continue without the feeling that one section of this forum does not belong to them.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I understand where both of you are coming from and I have a suggestion instead of calling it a "prayer" section, maybe call it a "healing chain"? Also make it where you only ask for someone's strenght. So no one has to answer back.

This would be just a thought and doesn't interfere with anyones beliefs?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Rick,

I'm honored you would choose Murphy as the namesake for the new section you are suggesting.

I have a great respect for those with strong beliefs. I am not a religious person, not that I don't believe there is a God, its more a personal thing to me. Sending prayers, good thoughts, or "healing rays" (as seen on other boards) is a nice idea and I have now issue with anyone offering prayers, thoughts or rays on behalf of any of us or our beagles. But I am hesitant to creat a section that inserts religion or religious beliefs on BW. We have such a diverse cross section here, I wouldn't want to offend anyone or make any members, new or old feel uncomfortable.

The Admins will need to discuss this further.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
murphys dad

i do agree that there might be a diverse member base here. thats another reason i suggested to call it the murphy chain. it doesnt have to a prayer room so to speak. just a room where one goes and requests a prayer, a moment of thought, a moment of silence ect. there wouldnt be any religious theme of any kind. it would be just a room for unity over our loved ones. as i suggested, its only to post a need, not for replies or conversation. i do respect the decline on this idea.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Without getting into too much of a philosophical or religous debate, I would think that we all have our own individual way of "sending good thoughts" to people/creatures who need them -whatever we call what we are doing, whatever beliefs (if any) are behind it, and whatever form the "sending" takes - and I think that ricksconnected's idea is therefore a good one as a way of sending those good thoughts... I don't really think it needs to be considered anything more than that.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
I am a praying person, and often offer my support for those needing prayer or a kind word; On this forum, I appreciate the respect we have for one another regardless of race, faith or nationality. The administrators here are firm about tolerance and respect, and I LOVE that.
Although I have no problem with a separate space for prayer requests......I don't feel it is necessary on this site, as everyone here is free to ask for support and/or prayer.....and both are offered in large amounts in all sections of the site!
I'm so glad you found this awesome place Ricksconnected, and I know you'll find it to be full of love and support from all members of all beliefs.

·
Registered
157 Posts
:computer: What a wonderful idea. Tippi and I are all for it!

Lora&Tippi

My little dog. A heartbeat at my feet.
Edith Wharton

1 - 12 of 12 Posts