Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now know why old women don't have babies or puppies --- just kidding. Our first night with Casie went well, he slept in his house and went right to sleep; didn't wake up until well after 8:00... went outside, had 1/2 his breakfast and then whoosh ----
loose stools and peeing between runs to check on Cobi. OMG, stinky. I am sure that is was the excitement, the 500 mile drive to our house, and way too many treats yesterday....but I'm shot, why did I think I could do this? And dh is home today, but I feel like a failure, it's my fault, not Casie's...I am doing something wrong...I know that's not true, just looking for some understanding and pottie training (mom told me he was housebroke, at her house). So he has made under the table is pee place, and the hall way his poopy spot!
So help is needed....I'm just worn out.

Cathy
Cobi and Casie's mom

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I think we've all had those what on earth have I done moments right after a new adoption... at least I know I have! I remember our first night with Moose in a hotel room in Seattle which he spent (after christening the corner of the bed as soon as we walked in) either racing around the room like a maniac or sitting and obsessively licking one of his paws until it bled. With Casie I'm sure that all of the changes mean his system is a bit stressed and therefore the pooping and peeing are not unexpected - even if he is housebroken it will take him a bit of time to get used to everything and get back into the swing of things, and it is even harder if his tummy isn't 100%. Is he eating the same food as he was before - a change in food usually leads to at least one of our gang getting the runs... Don't give up - and you are not doing anything wrong... just get a good carpet cleaner and hang in there!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Try it while having the flu and no one home to help
...it'll make the normal days seem so easy

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
The first couple of days might be a little rough, but with routine and time, things will settle down, I'm sure! And soon you'll start forgetting the bad times and only remember how cute and little the pup was. I look back with such fondness at pictures of Spock from last fall and then read my old journal entries about how exasperated I was, and I almost can't reconcile the memories.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
This too shall pass. It's going to take a little while for Casie to settle into a routine - and yes, too much excitement and too many treats can upset a pup's tummy. Nature's Miracle works well to clean puppy poopy - so does OUT which is another enzyme cleaner that you can get at Walmart - at about half the price of Nature's Miracle. It WILL get better! We're here for you - Cathy, both here and on BB! Vent all you want! Big hugs and lots of puppy kisses!
Glenda 'n the pack

·
Registered
650 Posts
Two words: Patience and Love. It's been two and a half weeks since her a-day, and my Gabby is starting to really settle down. I guess it takes them a little while to realize hey, I'm HOME!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts