Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It happened today. We made the impossible decision. We were forced to give up Lola n Luigi. Our landlord gave us a 2 weeks or yer out notice a week or so ago. The reason: excess soilage and dead grass. We're pretty poor right now, and can't afford to pay for two places at once.

We're returning Lola to Act Now, and they're trying to help us find a home for Luigi.

Very sad right now. They'll go to good places. They deserve that much, and alot more.

Plus, Lola had 2 types of worms we just found out about, which Act Now will take care of, so that's good.

I'll miss my buddy Luigi. I might still stick around here, as all the beagle pictures always brought a smile to my face.

So many doubts and second guesses. If we hadn't gotten Lola, maybe we'd be able to keep Luigi...Life got busy and I couldn't pick up both of they're soilages everytime they did it on our little yard...and the landlord saw it...I'm kicking myself so hard right now...

So sad...

·
Registered
472 Posts
Oh my gosh! I am so sorry, my heart is just breaking for you
Please just know that you are in my heart. I don't know what else to say

·
Registered
889 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear that!
You are in our prayers!

·
Registered
582 Posts
When I saw Impossible Decision, I knew there was only one thing this thread could be about. That describes exactly, how I felt about having to let my Sparky go. I'm so sorry. You'll be in my thoughts.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I am so sorry. I know your heart is hurting so badly right now.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm so sorry you are forced to make that decision.
What this world needs is more pet friendly landlords.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Oh that is sad. Very sorry to hear about your problems, the landlord obviously doesnt have a dog. Good luck with finding them a good home and stop kicking yourself.Life just isnt fair sometimes.

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about this. Personally, that landlord should be shot for only offering up 2 weeks. Did they specify in your lease that animals would be frowned upon? If not, I'd fight it

·
Registered
181 Posts
Oh no. My heart is breaking for you.

Please check your lease. In some places it is unlawful for landlords to refuse animals unless they are destructive.

Can you offer to to be more dilligent with the poop and replace and maintain the grass? Grass seed is very inexpensive.

·
Registered
103 Posts
That sucks. My landlord couldn't care less what I do at my place. I renovate all the time and send him a bill. Dogs destroyed the front yard over the winter. I just reseeded and started using the back yard. Front is 90% back already.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I am so sorry. I would take everyone's advice about finding your lease and fight it. It's not a legit reason for me to give up my pets unless are destroying the place.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I am still angry about this. You should not have to give up your dogs.

I agree with Coco. My dog is my child. He is a member of the family. If you had kids that were leaving toys scattered around the yard and drawing on the walls in the house or something would he have asked you to give them up?

Have you discussed options with the landlord?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I am so sorry, that just breaks my heart. I know how I would feel, my pets are my children. I agree with silleb, they wouldn't throw you out if your kids drew on the walls.

I pray that your landlord will have a change of heart.

Take Care

·
Registered
650 Posts
That is utterly heartbreaking. You have given Luigi and Lola a good home and now that is being taken away from them because of some grass that will grow back!!?? Perhaps your landlord would be ok with your keeping just Luigi? I'm praying that everything works out.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Originally Posted By: threedognightThat is utterly heartbreaking. You have given Luigi and Lola a good home and now that is being taken away from them because of some grass that will grow back!!?? Perhaps your landlord would be ok with your keeping just Luigi? I'm praying that everything works out.
I agree.
What if you commit to replant the grass periodically?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts