Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this guy was sitting on my picket fence just staring at me only four feet away. he could have cared less that i was there - i guess he knew who was the bigger of the two! and he has a wing span of at least 5 ft.

last night, we were staring at each other out my bedroom windows. then he swooped down and caught something. by the time i got out there it was blood and guts. definately not a mouse or rodent but could have been a bird or squirrel - yuck.

well, he has to eat but i had a stern discussion with him that his menu did not inlude a 28 lb beag or it would be his last day of freedom!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
awesome pictures...my dad used to race homing pigeons so we would see hawks around all the time when I lived at home.

·
Registered
253 Posts
awesome pictures, I had to laugh when I got the beagle line. That is one pretty bird. I love all kinds of birds. (whispering cus I don't want Sammy to hear me lol)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Great pix, I'm jealous. We have some snotty Blue Jays that tanut the squirrels (and each other) in our backyard. I if I were you, I would be so tempted to make buddies with that hawk and then try and get the bird and the dog to hunt together somehow. If that bird doesn't seem to mind you, I wonder if he was caged and is used to humans but somehow escapted or got loose? There is a hawk along I-205 in Portland that must live nearby (on Rocky Buette perhaps) and the crows dive bomb him constantly, and he just sits on the freeway barrier and doesn't even flinch. I've seen that routine several times this summer while driving to work (and I look every day!).

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally Posted By: WorshipTheBeagleUpdate! Update please! So what is the ongoing saga with the Hawk? Do tell! And get more pix please!

sorry! i haven't been on for a while... i think he left but he left me a tail? feather. it's so cool. a little love note or..........more likely, a reminder that he COULD have carried off a 28 lb beag - IF he really wanted to!!!! lol...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Oh rats! I wonder if he'll be back next year? Not sure if hawks are like that. At least you won't have to worry about the hound getting eatin'! We have some Osprey near my work, they 'fish' in the river out behind our storage yard, makes my coworkers that are anglers real jealous when them 'sprays head back to their nests with huge giant salmon wiggling in their talons. They live in the cell phone tower on the property next door. They crap on my bosses car too, it's like they know...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.