Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Part of my picking up after the dogs today was removing all the marrow bones upstairs. I gathered them up and put them into a small rubbermaid tub to bring down here to the family room (lots of chewing left in them) - as fast as I picked them up, Chloe (who was assisting me) took them out again. Finally got them all picked up AGAIN and put back in the tub and brought downstairs! They're all OUT of the tub again - and the dogs are playing musical bones trying to get the BEST bone for the buck! They've kept busy for the past 3 hours playing musical bones! Life with nine beagles can be very amusing to say the least!

They are sooooooo funny.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, Miss Chloe was a BIG help. Ya gotta luv 'em!
I've had MANY dogs in my life, but NEVER one that is as bonded to me as my Chloe is. She is truly my little
. I love each and every one of the 9, but she is my special
!

We should get our Chloes together! They're both tiny beagles! I know that Chloe will never win any beagle beauty contests, but she has something that no one else has!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gale, it'll be a couple of weeks before we actually know anything - and after her last false pregnancy, don't want to get my hopes up - BUT, I'm almost sure she's hatching! I know if Tanna had his way, she'd be having 20 puppies! It's really funny, the previous two heat cycles - she was really NOT interested, tho she did have puppies April 22, 2007 - 1 was stillborn, 2 were TINY, and one of them didn't make it - and she rolled over on the larger male and suffocated him. Only Angel survived. Then she had the false pregnancy. But THIS cycle, she was (excuse the expression) hot to trot! She accepted Tanna readily and often - which she hadn't done since her first pregnancy almost 3 years ago. I'm hopeful we're going to have a nice healthy litter this time. She looks beautiful - her coat is so soft and shiny and her eyes so clear and full of mischief. She seems to be full of energy and very happy! Wish us luck!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gale, IF she is, in fact, pregnant, she would be about 1 month along (first mating was August 1st) - her due date, according to the whelping calendar I have, would be about October 4 (which, by the way is Beagle Bay's 7th Anniversary - and would have been MY 50th anniversary IF I'd stayed married). If all goes well, we can take her to be x-rayed at about 7 weeks - which would give us a pretty good idea of how many (if any) puppies we have. Earlier than that puppy bones are too soft to show up on x-rays. I'll definitely keep the group informed if it looks like we're going to have puppies! By the way, there are TONS of pictures of JoJo's 1st litter on Beagle Bay, so you can see what newborn beagle pups look like - I think they look pretty much like hamsters!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
LOL Chloe! I can just see her taking them out of the basket as you put them in. Jersey is a good helper Beagle too and loves to take her toys out of the toy box the minute I put them away so I can vacuum.

And yeah for Jo Jo and Tanna! Let's hope for a healthy, happy litter of Baby Beagles!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts