Our Beagle World Forums banner

The disappointed beggar!

3K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  Genie 
#1 ·
I was peeling potatoes earlier, and Li'l Girl was right there watching me with those "beagle" eyes. :eyes: Although I told her she didn't want raw potato, she insisted that wasn't true. When I finally gave her a little piece, she chewed on it a little then spit it on the floor. :eyes: Mom does know best! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

See less See more
#3 ·
That's cute!!

I have to tell you --Daisy has eaten EVERYTHING I have ever given her so it really surprised me when I was finishing my salad one day and of course she was right there wanting SOMETHING, so I gave her a grape tomato. That went right down. Then I gave her a small piece of lettuce. She took it and then spit it out and looked at me like "you eat that?!!" I had to go pick it up!! It's the only thing so far that she doesn't like :biglaugh:

#4 ·
Sounds like my two. The other night my son wa making a salad and of course both were begging for some lettuce. So he gave them each a piece and I later found shredded lettuce pieces all over the house. They must have kept trying to tell themselves that they would like it and kept spitting it out.... :pukey:

#6 ·
The Bagel expects me to hold any potential food so he can determine if it is worthy of his palate! If I offered him a potato peel, he’d sniff it and stare at me like “What do you want me to do with that” . If he does decide yes, he, like a gentledog should, politely takes the offered food from my hand, OTHERWISE, I am left holding a now throughly smelled piece of food.

The Bagel is kind a discerning connoisseur who rejects generic dog biscuits but selects “Milk Bone” brand, rejects french fries and waits for a piece of hamburger. The first time I gave him a Begin Strip, he smelled it for over a minute, then broke of a tiny piece of the end, tasted it, deemed it acceptable and returned for the rest. Now he saunters over, genteelly removes the strip from my hand using his lips, lies down in a frog position with the Begin Strip between his front paws breaks off small pieces, savors each morsel and in roughly three minutes has consumed his strip of imitation bacon.

#7 ·
My Charlie does not know what polite is. He would snatch anything off your hand first(somethimes hurt my finger), then decide later on if it is acceptable. Carrots is off, lettuce is of course a no no, he probably wander why we eat those?

Charlie mom

#9 ·
Ha! Too funny!

Abby is a picky eater for a beagle. There are a lot of things she won't eat. But if there's something she KNOWS she likes (like bacon or sausage) she'll paw me and whimper until I give her a piece.

If she's not sure about what I have she'll come up to me and I'll see her little nose sniffing a mile a minute and she'll decide if it's worth pursuing or if she'll walk away.

She's pretty good though when we're sitting around the table. She begs a little then gives up and lays down.

#11 ·
Ours will all eat lettuce - but only if it has some salad dressing on it! And they don't just lick off the dressing - as long as there is some dressing they will actually eat the lettuce too... They do also take lettuce that doesn't have salad dressing on it, but once they discover it is plain they spit it out.

#12 ·
My girls are super picky. They don't like anything sweet like bananas or fruit. I find pieces everywhere because they really do give me the eye insisting that they would love a piece of whatever I am eating. Luckily, Bugsey will eat just about anything..except fish apparently. He turned his nose up at his bowl full of smelt the other day. Picky little bugger. Love your lurid description of the process bob. Sounds like Soozie.

#13 ·
Miss Shiloh always wants to share with whatever I'm eating--no matter whether she likes it or not!! Whenever I'm eating crackers or chips, she watches me with those beagley eyes till I finally give her one, which she takes eagerly till she remembers that she doesn't like them. :eyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.