Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The buggiest season of the year for us

I know we have likely gone over this before - probably every year about this time - here in Kansas, especially later this summer, we will be approaching our buggiest time of the year. In the past I have used Frontline Top Spot the most I think or sometimes I have used Frontline Plus and also used K9 Advantix one year. The Beaglebratz don't really seem to have a problem with any of that stuff nor have they ever seem to have any problems with ticks and/or fleas. This year I have noticed a small bump (I think it is some kind of bug bite) on the top of Shasta B's skull - it is not at all sensitive. We have been very fortunate so far that nothing has been much of a problem but I know, as sure as I know NE Kansas, that with all the rain we have had, that good fortune will soon diminish, if not vanish all together. I don't always like to go with the cheapest but if it works as well as the more expensive then I do it and for me, that is Frontine Top Spt.

So, anyone here have any thoughts about this?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Re: The buggiest season of the year for us

I used to buy the expensive stuff too and it is 3x more expensive for the bigger dogs. I was spending a fortune on it. I finally just started using liquid Ivermectin (same stuff for cows and pigs) and the cheap, topical tick, flea and mosquito stuff. I have not had a problem in almost 4 years of using it. We also treat our yard for bugs.

·
Registered
511 Posts

We've used Revolution for quite a while and never had heartwork, flea or tick problems.

Our vet will also price match any on-line price we find. All we need to do is bring in a printed copy of the webpage with the price and he'll match it-it saved us a lot when we purchased Zubrin for our St. Bernard.

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts

Use whatever works best for the your dogs and the bugs you have to deal with.

In addition to their monthly treatment, I have a bug repellent called Natru-pel which I use just lightly on their backs to help repel mosquitos/gnats. You can also use Avon's Skin So Soft and apply that. Works great in addition to the flea/tick products.

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts

Originally Posted By: Mollys MomUse whatever works best for the your dogs and the bugs you have to deal with.

In addition to their monthly treatment, I have a bug repellent called Natru-pel which I use just lightly on their backs to help repel mosquitos/gnats. You can also use Avon's Skin So Soft and apply that. Works great in addition to the flea/tick products.
thanks for sharing that i'm going to look into natru-pel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts