Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow is Winston's day to get neutered and microchipped. It is supposed to be -37 C (I don't know how that translates to farenhiet but it won't be fit for man nor beast out there)
I just hope I can get the van started to get there and warm enough to bring him home.
I'm very nervous, he is my baby boy after all....

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Good Luck Winston. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you both that things go well and that the weather will cooperate for you.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Good luck Winston!!!! I'm sure he'll be okay Sonja

About the temp.: Celsius and Fahrenheit meet at -40 so I guess it's pretty much the same in either degree unit.

Actually, it is: -34.6 F.

OMG - I can't imagine it being that cold!

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Good luck to both you and Winston. Hope you have safe travels and he gets thru his procedures just fine.

Keep us posted!

Oh, and Brrrrrrrrrrrr to your temps! I thought 15F was cold today.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Good luck Winston!

Yikes...and here I was complaining about +37F

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Hope everything went well for Winston with his snip today! Buzz in particular sends his best wishes, having recently been through it as well. And brrrr - hope you are surviving the weather, too!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Tell Winston that Casie and Cobi feel his pain...they've both been through this, and can really offer a lot of support. How did he do? Hope all went fine.

Cathy

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Winston is doing great. So far no need for a cone.
He thanks everyone for thinking about him. He's still a little mad at me, but I know he'll get over it.
I can tell he's a bit sore by the way he lies down. He lays the front half of his body down first with his butt in the air then waits for the back half to slowly slink down to the floor as he drifts off to sleep.
He hasn't ate much though, and threw up what he did this AM. But he is drinking. The bad part of that is it is still -37C out there and I can't say I blame him for not wanting to go out to pee. It'd probably freeze before it hits the ground anyway.
Thankfully, today we can both stay home under a blanket.

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
Glad Winston came through with flying colors! The throwing up after anesthesia is not uncommon, and by tomorrow he should be fine. I hope every day gets better for him! Get well wishes and puppy kisses from Maggie and I!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
That's great! As Gale mentioned there are several side effect to the anesthesia, throwing up is one of them.

Beagle kisses to little Winston

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Winston is definately back to normal. This afternoon he ruined two pairs of pants, stole some cheese and just now wore out my daughter chasing her around the house.
Ahhhhhh, life is good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.