Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YAHOOOO!!!!!!

I got my doggie!

She's a gorgeous Lemon girl only 4 months old. She settled right down in my lap and licked my chin and I knew she was the one.
She responds quite well to my voice already.

We pick her up either late this afternoon or tomorrow. I was so excited I actually FORGOT to take a picture of her; or post until now! (I picked her out yesterday)
Oh well, there'll be plenty of pictures after I get her home.

I know puppies are a lot of work, but I'm willing to go at it for her. She's sooo cute and sweet! Her ears are so long!

Oh, yeah! Her name is Menolly.

·
Registered
87 Posts
CONGRATS. I gotta say I have so loved following your story about getting a beagle, I usually read your thread first each morning when I get up. Did you get her from a breeder, or was she at a shelter? Can't WAIT to see pictures.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Congratulations! I'm so excited for you--you've been waiting so long for your beagle! Menolly sounds beautiful. I have a friend in Florida who has a lemon beagle, and she's always been a lovely girl, but now that she's older she looks almost completely white, and is just striking!!
Yes, puppies can be a lot of work, but I know you're committed. May I suggest picking up a book or 2 at a store or library to give you some tips? One that helped me a lot was Puppy Preschool by John Ross. It goes through the puppy's first year, month by month, and has a helpful section on crate training. Looking forward to seeing pictures!!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Congratulations!!!! That is great news!

Looking forward to seeing pictures and one thing to pick up, is a lint remover. My Lemon is constantly shedding.....

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
What great news - can wait to see her picture. Carrie, the Bagel and I wish you and Menolly nothing but the joy and happiness we know you will have together.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Congrats Carrie. I love the name Menolly. So unique. I also look forward to those promised pictures.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
YAY! Congrats on the new baby...love her name. You must be positively over the moon right about now.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks, everyone!

The car (which has been having problems lately) was fixed more easily than we thought. I'll have her at 4 PM today!!! That's only three and a half hours from now!!!! *leaps ten feet in the air*

I just got back from getting her puppy food, some puppy treats, and her nametag. I was going to get books, but I forgot. I was also going to get a harness, but the right sized ones were out of stock. Oh, well. They can wait a bit.

The first pictures, I will warn you, aren't going to be very good. I don't have a digital camera so they;'regoing to be captured off the video camera until I can get the other develloped. The next post will be after she gets home.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I'm so happy for you Carrie! What wonderful news. A little lemon girl...I don't even need to see pictures to know I'm in love already! So how did you find her? Rescue, breeder, shelter? Give us her story, and of course some pictures!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so happy for you Carrie
It's great that you finally have your Beagle

I can't wait for those pictures.... Menolly, what a pretty name

Chloe sends a big arooooo

1 - 20 of 37 Posts