Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The grass is getting greener, the flowers are blossoming, the birds are singing, and my spouse is hacking and coughing. That’s right, it’s allergy season. I pat my spouse's back sympathetically as I watch him stagger blearily to the medicine cabinet to drink down anti-histamine. He’s one of many. According to Women’s Health Magazine, there are “40 million Americans that suffer from seasonal allergies triggered by pollen and mold spores that bloom with warmer, wetter weather” every year. The great thing is there are a couple of straightforward steps you can take to help lessen or even prevent the appearance of your signs and symptoms. Locate the article here: Natural Relief from Allergy Symptoms

Boost your omega-3 intake

First of all, try adding foods like walnuts, flaxseed, and fish to your diet. These foods are rich in essential omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3s have anti-inflammatory properties that help to calm allergy inflammation.

Hot and spicy foods

You may have recognized the last time you went to a Mexican restaurant and bit into a chip packed with spicy salsa that your nose started to run. Women’s Health Magazine explains this is because spicy foods work to “decongest your sinuses, increase circulation, and clear away head-clogging mucus.” Try adding just a little cayenne or chili peppers to your next dish and make sure you have a box of tissues nearby.

Take off your shoes

Interestingly enough, almost half of the dust we find inside our houses comes from outside. This means you are tracking those nasty little allergens in with you on the bottom of your feet. Invest in a doormat and reduce the dust by 10-25%. Take off your shoes altogether before coming inside for even better effect. Can’t stay away from the allergens? Be proactive. AllergyRelief101.com suggests, ““Take anti-histamine] an hour or two ahead of time. This can allow [it] to be circulating in your system, in advance of your exposure, and can reduce or eliminate the resulting response.”

Sources

Women's Health
Allergy Relief 101

·
Registered
896 Posts
And if you suffer from the lack of ability to realize you have joined a group about DOGS instead of a human health forum, you can take remedial reading classes at your local vo-tech or community college that may offer them. OR if you suffer from the affliction of trying to get your product marketed to the extent that you'll join a dog lovers group under false pretenses, well, good luck to you! Times are tough and everyone is trying to make a buck! Now go and FEED A BEAGLE!

·
Registered
4 Posts
The best way to avoid it is a strong immune system. The season for outdoor barbeques and lounging on the patio may be gone, but it will return. The best time to save on summer lawn furniture is now, as retailers are looking to clear out last year’s inventory. Buy it during fall and put it in storage until the weather is fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts