Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bridey makes the oddest grunting noise when she's happy -- being scritched, eating a treat (but not, interestingly, dinner), etc.

It sounds like a cross between a grunt and a snore. Does anyone else's beagle do this?

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Abby does something that I call "grumbling" that sounds a lot like back talking, when I tell her do to something she doesn't really want to do /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif

·
Registered
786 Posts
My Jasmine does a pig "oinking" noise when she's happy. It is the cutest thing...

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
My Lottie's nickname is "Pig Pig" because of her "snort snort"!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, it is kinda oinky. Scares the hell out of my father -- I have to keep reminding him she's NOT growling!

It really is cute. I just hadn't heard it before!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Yep, Duke grunts, mainly when he's laying down and we go to pet or cuddle him. It's so cute.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
In the morning, when all of the new scents are out in the yard, Yodel actually snort/oinks while he has his nose to the ground and is taking it all in. When he finds a really good smell, he barks while he is sniffing/oinking/snorting.

Henry grunts when you pick him up and snores like a chainsaw when he sleeps. When he wants to go out or wants a treat, he whines...I love is whines!

~Denise

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Brandi is my grunter, her nickname is "Gruntle"
She has her own language /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif

1 - 14 of 14 Posts