Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ar-roo, Ar-roo, back off Spook! Li'l Girl achieved her goal of catching a squirrel yesterday, and loudly told Spook it was hers when he got too close to her trophy.

Bless her, she brought it up by the porch, and just wanted to carry it around. Dusty had to take it and bury it, though, because it would have soon caused major problems.
Poor baby, when she went outside again, she went directly to the spot where she'd last had her treasure.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Squirrels beware! I think Vinny would like the poor thing to death.

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Good girl!!

Pooh Bear caught a squirrel once. He had it in his mouth, the squirrel turned and bit Pooh on the nose. Pooh let go the squirrel and yiped. The squirrel ran under our shed.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Originally Posted By: Joe and VinnySquirrels beware! I think Vinny would like the poor thing to death.
Tucker would probably Lick the squirrel instead of Like it.

I just had to do that.
It is part of what I do at work.

My old dog Barney used to catch birds and mice and leave them on the porch for us so I fully understand.

Tucker isn't fast enough so I think were safe.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I am not sure what mine would do with a squirrel. I've lived here in eastern Washington in a small rural town - and have NEVER seen a squirrel here in town. Where I work in Pullman they do have a lot though. I've had the dogs (but don't know which one) catch a mousie tho - don't know where they found it - but they brought it to the family room and left it on the couch for me. Nothing like a dead mousie on the couch. It's strange we do have a lot of wildlife here - deer all over the place (they'd come in my yard if it wasn't fenced), raccoons, phesanta, have only seen ONE wild bunny, and it wasn't anywhere near here - but the neighborhood abounds with neighbor's cats. Next door there is an ugly grey cat that breeds every time she comes in heat - and they wind up keeping a lot of the kittens - they're all outdoors ALL the time, which is why my dogs have to spend so much of their time INSIDE. They think those kitties are short earred wabbits and want to get them.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Good hunting, Li'l girl!

Our squirrels never come close to the ground, they prefer to sit on the fence or in the trees and bark and taunt the dogs.

Years ago, our old cat, Jasper, caught a bird and since the back door was open, he thought he should bring it in and show us. Problem was, the bird was still alive and when the labs saw was Jazz had, they wanted it, which made Jasper let loose and the bird went flying around our living room. So we were chasing the bird, the dogs were chasing the bird, and the cat was just ticked because we made him lose his prey. Luckily it landed and Dave was able to get it outside again.

·
Registered
47 Posts
We never had a problem with our boys bringing in any rodents until we got Hollywood. It was like the second month we had him and he brings in a dead mouse and just drops it on our bedroom floor... Now we have one that runs along our fance every night. They all go crazy for it but no luck yet. I'm waiting for one of them to bring that into the house.

As far as squirrels we have tons of them around but I think they know to stay away from our house

·
Registered
230 Posts
So far, Flora's lifetime score of squirrels is three, all juveniles. We have too many squirrels around here, and they keep digging up my planters and killing the plants.
Go Flora!
Go Lil Girl!

(But please leave them outside.)

Sylvia

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Go Lil' Girl! Teddy and Phoebe applaud you.
The squirrels around here race around the other side of our fence driving my poor babies crazy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts