Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
:thumbup: Great shot!! What is he howling at?

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Great picture. One either loves the sound or hates it. We love it. When Susi makes it, she sounds as if she is being killed and we get some very strange looks from passers by.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Chase Denied

Originally Posted By: Genie/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbup2.gif Great shot!! What is he howling at?

That has all the earmarks of a “Chase Denied” I call that the Jackrabbit serenade, because aound these parts we have both rabbits and hares and the Bagel knows the difference.. Rabbits run to their warren and can be pursued, hares just run. The Jackrabbit is a hare and Bagel’s anchor (me) on the other end of his lead won’t allow the Bagel to run for miles after a hare. When we jump a jackrabbit, the Bagel arrooos a parting farewell like that as opposed to the snorts, yips and yelps he emits when tracking a rabbit or ground squirrel to their home.

P.S. Genie, happy to see you back!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
He is soooo adorable. Don't you love it when they learn to "sing"! It's music to a "beagler's ears" - tho the neighbors don't care much for their musical abilities! That's why I'd like to move - so I can let them bark and sing without them bothering anyone.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts