Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YAY! Thanks everyone for the advice on what to do about
Copper peeing in his crate when my husband and I went upstairs to read to the kids. The biggest problem was convincing my husband to break the no dog allowed upstairs rule that we have. But he agreed to let me try taking Copper up in his crate and put him in the kids room while we read - and it worked like magic!
No barking! no peeing! WE are all so much happier! Hopefully down the road when he adjusted more to our family and our home we will be able to leave him downstairs in his crate - but for now we have a great solution! Thank again!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I'm glad it worked for you. Hopefully later you can work on leaving alone for short times.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
That's great, Bonnie. Beagles are definitely pack animals, and want to be with their pack.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Terrific news, Bonnie! All dogs are pack animals, and keeping them involved, even if they're in a crate, does wonders.

When I got my first dog, (not a beagle), I tried crating her in the kitchen. She was tiny, about 4 pounds, but the noise that came out of those 4 pounds was unbelievable. I think she could have starred in The Exorcist

The second night of this unworldly screaming, I decided to put her crate in my bedroom. She still cried, but only for about 10 minutes, then settled in and went to sleep. Dogs really do need to be close enough to their pack to see and smell them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.