Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday morning I toke Maybelle out and tied her up just like I've done before on her 20ft leash so I could get some stuff done and she could enjoy the nice day out side. When I heard tires squeel and heard a horable noise. My gf's daughter (20) ran out side yelling maybelle. A young couple hit her in front of the house. She Broke or undone the little snap on her collar and got out of the fenced in yard to head across the street to play with the kids playing in their yard. We rushed her to the vet and lucky their was a lady checking on the other animales. She looked at her and started to explain that she was young and it was not good. Told us to leave and she'd call us in half hour. Maybelle was awake and trying to get up to leave with us. It was hard but we left. Half hour passes no call hour passes no call. Two hours later the vet calls me to tell me she's 50/50 and theirs no broken bones and no major inside bleeding. But she's not out of the woods at all. And tonite is going to be the true test. He said that he would call us in the morning and we'll go from their. So after a long long sleepless night we wait by the phone 8am no call 9am no call 10am no call so 10:30 I call the doc awsered the phone and said she was looking at him wagging her tail And that was a good sign. He was thinking that she had some bleeding on the inner back half of her bowls so he put her on blood thickeners and she was all ready on iv fluids. She had a 3inch cut on her back hip from the accident that he was going to sew up and was waiting for her to potty to make sure she was all right down there. this was sunday we hear nothing from them until monday morning when they open back up. And the girl who toke when we got there sat Called me vary happy to tell me that Maybelle was doing great and she left her a suprize in her cage. And we would be able to pick her up tuesday. So today we picked her up and she is weak and skinny from the shock i guess. The whole time she was in the clinic I weren't aloud to see her cuz they didn't want her to excited. But today was a joyus moment for us. She doing fine andDoc's orders are to keep her in her crate and NO PLAYING. Two weeks she gets her stictes out and another check up. My mom her church group,my friends and i All prayed for her and the lord answerd us. Glory be to heaven. She sore and skinny but she's still spunky. P.S. We live on a main highway 55mph things in prosective.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Oh my gosh. Your story brought tears to my eyes. I'm SO happy for you guys. Wow, I would be a complete wreck if that happened to my Lucy. Thank God Maybelle is okay!!!! And now she will be extra tough, surviving an accident and all :)

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Oh wow! What a terrible experience. I am so very glad that Maybelle is home and doing ok.

Prayers and positive vibes for her full recovery!

·
Registered
295 Posts
This is so sad to hear - I'm so happy she's going to be fine! Whew! I was thinking that this very thing could easily happen to me....I was outside with Chloe last night, tied her up with her 20 ft lead and had screwed the anchor into the ground.....as we were playing, she must have ran out of her limits and yanked the anchor right out of the ground. I didn't think it was possible for a 20pd dog to do, but that fact, coupled with your story is going to make me think very closely about keeping her outside (even supervised)......give your baby lots of hugs and kisses while she's healing up! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts