Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Sounds like you've got the right idea about closing off access to rooms. I wouldnt allow him to sleep with you..he needs to sleep in his crate. My dog will be 10yrs old soon and sleeps in her crate..at this point i dont even need to close the door of the crate. I can actually say..go to your "crate" and she goes. Make it comfortable with a pad and blankets.
Dont leave food where your dog can get it..simple as that. Push items back on the counters out of reach. Put a leash on your dog at all times..that way the dog thinks he's under control..and you can grab it to prevent mischief if needed.. my dog wears one even now at her age in the house.
Has your dog had any obedience class training? Regardless..talk a lot using the same command words to get your dog to listen to you.
Here's cassie in her crate and wearing her leash.
Dog Collar Carnivore Pet supply Dog breed

Dog Vertebrate Dog supply Dog breed Toy

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
The length of the leash doesnt matter..its whatever i usually use. Give your dog chews ..not plush toys..they just rip them up in 5 minutes. When my dog was young i never sat on the floor or played tug of war..it gets them worked up.
I used to close the crate door at nite but my dog stays in it..she will come out and go to the door if she needs to go out.
We beagle owners generally agree it take about 3 yrs to calm down.
Get a CLICKER at the petstore and watch YouTube videos on how to use one.
When my dog barks I say..NO BARKING! And she goes silent...lol
Stay on the forum for more help and to give feedback on your progress.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts