Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is new for me because all my beagles always ate every morsel put in front of them, or grabbed it if it wasn’t! Our little Lucy is the pickiest beagle I’ve ever seen. I used to have to play games with her to eat her dry food. It was ridiculous so we started adding some wet stew food and she became interested in it. Thought we solved the problem although it still took some coaxing to get her to eat it all or I think sometimes she would lose interest and forget she’s hungry, so I would show it to her on a spoon and she would finish the rest.

Yesterday she ate not even half her breakfast and almost nothing else the rest of the day. She takes treats fine, so I’m not sure if she’s just tired of the kibble? She’s obviously teething, poor baby, but she is willing to eat a crunchy treat which is what stumps me. I know her mouth hurts so I was thinking that was a factor, but then the little bugger took a crunchy treat fine. We gave her a tray of just her wet food this morning which she mostly ate, but wouldn’t touch it mixed with the kibble and didn’t eat the rest of the tray. She can’t just eat treats, so does anyone have any other suggestions? I thought about trying something new with salmon. She seems to like things that smell like fish lol. She seems to be acting fine so I don’t think she’s sick. Her little tummy was growling and making noises this morning and I was just like sweetheart you need to eat! 😭

Thanks in advance. Pic for cuteness 😊

·
Registered
917 Posts
It could be the teething - or it could be the food. Around the time Agis was teething we were away, and had to buy extra food for the dogs on our trip - they didn't have the Fromm's large breed puppy (he's not a beagle) we were feeding him so we got a grain-free food we used to feed and he LOVED it. Polished it down. We've not had an issue with him eating since. We do add some taurine though from a heart health perspective.

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
My puppy dog hated kibble and even now at 8yrs old doesn't eat kibble. My dog eats Freshpet which comes in a roll and found in the refrigerated section of the pet store. I buy it at Target which has the best price. My dog gobbles it up. Its 5 star rated food.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts