Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
If I recall correctly from our puppy training class:
1. Ask your dog to sit.
2. with a treat in hand, hold the treat in front of your dog to get his/her attention.
3. bring the treat down to the ground.

The idea is the dog should lower themselves to the ground and as he/she lays, praise and release the treat. Rinse and repeat!

That's what I remember doing for Java and Lilo and it worked for them. Good luck!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Originally Posted By: kathy5we have been trying this I went to you tube to see any videos
she keeps getting up from sit & walking towatrds the treat
any thoughts?
As your following the instructions, you can GENTLY press her from above to help her understand what you want her to do.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Originally Posted By: *silleb*When we took Ben to training, this is how we were instructed. Get Georgia in a sit position. Show her that you have a treat in your hand by putting it close to her nose. Lower your hand to the floor and hold the treat between her front paws. Say down at the same time. She should lie down right there. Give here the treat.
yes, ensure that you have the treat close to Georgia's nose so that she doesnt have to get up from the Sit position to get closer to the treat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.