Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you who have been following my vent about the cats next door will understand this post! This morning Tanna was having a FIT to go out - and since it's raining I thought it would be safe, so I let him out without checking to see if there were any neighborhood criters around. There were! Mama cat and two of the kittens were on my front porch! Well, being the great hunter that he is, Tanna almost got himself a couple of cats - until his mean old mama made him come in and leave them alone! Maybe tho it might be enough of a scare to keep them OUT OF MY FENCED YARD! One can only hope so. My co-manager on Beagle Bay suggested that I cover the chain link fence with tarps to keep the dogs from seeing the cats on the other side. So today after work I'm checking out prices for tarps. Wish me luck! I'll try anything that will keep my dogs quiet so I don't have to re-home them - anything but de-barking, that is!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Way to go, Tanna!!! That is a great idea about the tarps! I hope your situation gets better soon!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd like to debark the neighbors AND their noisy kids, but think it's probably not legal here. Too bad!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
I would be tempted to find another house. One with no dogs or cats as neighbours. Meanwhile I hope the fence-covers work and you can let your hounds out into their garden.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
I have to agree. Why is it even a possibility that you would have to re-home your babies? You have a fenced in yard. The cats are on your property. Not just in your yard, on your porch. Sure, cats are doing what comes naturally for outside cats--roam. I have an indoor/outdoor cat myself, and if he was wandering into a neighbor's yard, and their dog began barking at him, I certainly wouldn't expect the neighbor to get rid of their dog! Unless I'm missing something here, I don't see how your neighbors have any right to demand that you give up your dogs!

But I think re-homing them and their rude kids would be an excellent solution!
Or look into the possibility of moving yourself!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Monty always has a fit when the neighbors cat walks down our back lane. Our other neighbors that we get along with have told me that the cat-neighbors have complained to them about it, but they haven't said anything to me. They way i see it, My dog is in His yard. Your cat is not. Therefor, not my problem. If you don't want your cat getting barked at and chased, put him on a leash in your yard. In Winnipeg there is a by-law about pets (cats AND dogs) roaming, even down their own back lane. if they're not a leash out of their yard, the pound will pick them up. Not that i'd wish that upon their cat, but seriously. Don't complain about my dog barking when your cat is the one roaming.
*end rant*

·
Registered
303 Posts
Originally Posted By: Chloe's Mommy
Originally Posted By: GlendaI'll try anything that will keep my dogs quiet so I don't have to re-home them - anything but de-barking, that is!
If anyone, I would re-home the neighbors!
LOL! So true!

·
Registered
614 Posts
I would look for something else beside tarp. You will be wasting money cause they will tear in a month. If they last that long.

check out those plastic strips that you can weave in the chain link fence.

·
Registered
223 Posts
i agree with madison! Also, you might want to check with your city ordinance or city hall or whomever to see if they have something silly about having stuff hanging off a chain link fence. For example, in my neighborhood, even though my parents own the house and property the city says that we cant have any cars parked on top of dirt, it must be cemented (otherwise it lowers property value i guess).

Also, GOOD JOB TANNA! i hope she scared the trespassers off for good!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts