Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a post last week about my Sadie’s second birthday, I mentioned that we ended up with a Jack Russell puppy. Well… She came from my brother’s house, and after a few days, my sister-in-law decided she couldn’t live without her. All is well, though. Because a JRT is not a Beagle.
Yesterday, I filled out an online application with Tampa Bay Beagle Rescue… and we’ve already check marked a couple of favorites.
I did, however, just promise my wife that I’ll stop talking about it (to her :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
It sounds like all is well with the JRT and that you are on the way of saving a misfortunate beagle out there.... good for you :happyhappy: .
I think two beagles are better than one, I just can't take another one.... unfortunately!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Things do work out the way they are supposed to! Now, please tell us which beags you've "check-marked" so we can take a peek -- I have the rescue in my "favorites" but, when I look, I just want to bring them all home!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Yeah! Thanks for choosing TBBR. Jersey was adopted from them as was Sherock's little Emma. I've been trying to do some volunteer work with them but my work schedule makes it hard. I think that they may have found some stuff I can do though. Anyway, back to you! Who is it that you're looking at?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Ok. At this point we're interested in Della or Sparky IV.

Della is said to be shy, but Sadie is pretty laid back. She could use a "highly active" pack mate. I think they'd be good for each other.

Karen likes Sparky IV. He really is handsome.
We're both suckers for cute, and those two are loaded with it!

Wouldn't surprise me if they were both adopted before we can get around to doing anything. It won't be before late October.

Will there be a Beagle Palooza this year? We enjoyed coming up last year, even though we couldn't stay very long.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by jen-n-jersey:
As for Beaglepalooza, there won't be one this year.
Just remember -- we're going to have our very own BW Beaglepalooza in November!!
Both dogs are great-looking -- I don't go to their site much 'cause I want to bring them all home. I am certain that, whenever you are ready, there will be one just right for you.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Good point Judy! I know it's hard to see all those beautiful Beags (and sometimes honorary Beags!) that need homes, but don't forget, they're all in loving foster homes with the TBBR volunteers until they find their forever home.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Aw. Della's already gone!
Now I'll never know if she has a tail. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
(You couldn't see it in any of her pictures.)
I hope she found a good home where she'll be flying it high again. :wave:

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I think I have picked up your application for adoption to review.......I volunteer/foster for TBBR and part of my volunteering is reviewing adoption applications......

I'll be calling you soon !!!

Julie

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We went up to Tampa yesterday morning to a TBBR adoption event, and Julie (Sammy's Mom) hooked us up with Sparky. They were kind enough to arrange for him to stay in the foster home until we get back from vacation next week… Then the acclimation fun begins! :hi:

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote: I will look forward to hearing more when you get Sparky home. That name gives a clue to how busy you will be.
There's one on the website named "Puddles". I saw that and thought... "Ain't no way!" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
It was great to meet you guys yesterday !!! Sparky is one very lucky boy and I don't think it will take long for him to get a few pounds off of Sadie !!!

He is definitely all boy !!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Karebru:
Quote: I will look forward to hearing more when you get Sparky home. That name gives a clue to how busy you will be.
There's one on the website named "Puddles". I saw that and thought... "Ain't no way!" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif
Puddles is actually a very sweet girl who is housebroken !!! In her case names can definitely be deceiving ....

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:Judy wrote: "Looking forward to hearing all about how the meeting goes with Sadie."
Sadie was with us. So we all met Sparky... But there was alot going on. It seems to me when you put a bunch of Beagles together, they kind of zone out and go into pack mode. We tried to get the two of them off to the side together but Sadie wanted to sniff to the right, and Sparky wanted to "mark" a tree to the left. When we we're leaving I saw Sparky's rear end as he was heading under one of the tables... And someone was asking him where he thought he was going... Yeah, I think we're going to have our hands full. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
I'm sure we'll have pictures and stories next week.
Thursday moning we leave for the Keys on Sadie's last trip as an only child. :wave:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts