Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i posted on here how homer would not listen to me-he does ok with hubby sometimes if he's not too excited about something but has a real hard time obeying me.i was mesing around with him and talking in a real deep voice....and he listens to me when i do that!!!he will not respond to my regular voice very well at all but he will do as i say like go lay down when i talk in a deep voice with no problem!i love that i found a way to get him to obey me without fighting with him or having to yell at him but i'm not looking forward to doing this in public....lol.has anyone ever heard of such a thing??i feel like darth vader when i have to tell him to do something like out of the kitchen or go lay down when he is jumping me when i'm trying to watch tv

·
Registered
230 Posts
My voice is naturally pretty high, and I do drop my voice when I need to be obeyed, right now. I've developed a near-growl that I use on them when they've stolen the children's snacks, again.

From what I've read, dogs may understand a higher voice as a play-voice, more like puppy whining, and a deeper voice more as a dog bark that is more serious communication.

Hopefully the deep voice will continue to work for you!

Sylvia

1 - 3 of 3 Posts