Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share...

It was very sad and unexpected. Inside the card in a zip lock bag was some of his collar hair. I broke down, I was glad they did it but it was very sad. It was as if I'd seen him again.

The card's front reads

"Grieve not, nor speak of me with tears,
but laugh and talk of me as if I were beside you.
I loved you so...
'twas heaven here with you." Isla Richardson

Here's the last pic I took of Marco that day.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
My vet does that too - one of my friends recently had a pet pts at Washington State University's Vet Hospital - they gave her the collar, some hair and a "plaster cast" of his little paw. Vets I think are getting a lot more sensitive about this.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have often said that vets are very special people; they need to be caring of the humans as well as the animals.

Looks like you found a vet that is all of that!!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I am crying! That was very sweet. Thank you for sharing that with us. You are still in my prayers and i think of Marco often. Makes me appreciate things more.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Between reading the card and seeing little Marco's last picture, then having read about Zookeepers Roscoe, I'm crying!

Very thoughtful vet.

~Denise

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
That was a very thoughtful thing for the vet to do, but like you I would have broken down in tears. The picture is just wonderful and heartbreaking at the same time...so many mized emotions!

·
Registered
139 Posts
that brought tears to mey eyes too, but bless your vet, i think its a lovey thing to do. they dont do that over here, and he must have waited a while b4 he sent it ?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The vet waited about a week to send. Oh it also had his paw print /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
That was a very kind gesture. Our vet sent a card, too, but not the rest. It is sad, but comforting at the same time.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Our vet cried when he had to put Spotty down (our last beagle). Very kind of your vet to send you a card, but very sad.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Vets have their favourites as well! The vet that saved
Snappers life when I adopted him from a valley shelter in
southern California kept his practice there until he moved his practice to Orange county about 10 yrs later. We learned that he
had moved to the OC like us & re-united Snapper with him as a patient! He became our new/old vet once again when Snapper
turned 11, and was just as sad to see him called home as we
were! (But, we were all gratefull for the fact that Snapper
would not have lived 13 yrs without his care)! (He was the one
to coin the term, timex beag) and a testament to his care as he
got to see Snapper from his rough begining to his end! (Thumbup)!

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Btw, our current vet does the same thing as well,(even though
their favourite breed is a scottie)! But they also love beags
& their staff lean more towards beags! (When Goober had to
have a chipped molar removed) in 2001 I had to wait about 20
minutes as the staff took turns walking him @ the ajacent park!
(He is one of their favourite patients)!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts