Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just looked at Sadie and one of her eyes is all swollen. The inside of the eye looks all swollen. She was fine like an hour ago. We just came inside from being out in the back yard for about 15 min. I just gave her a Benydryl. Trying to to panic. I don't think it is anything I need to wisk her off to the Emergency vet about. I'm watching her like a hawk right now.

Need reassurance.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
The first thing that popped into my mind was a bee/mosquito bite... maybe worth while giving the vet a call just to make sure it's nothing to worry about.

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called emergency vet. They said it sounded like a reaction to an insect bite. They told me to give her 1 1/2 Benydryl tablet. And to watch for any other signs of swelling or itching or hives, etc. Which I am watching and have given her the amount they said. They said she can have the Benydryl every 6 hours. I was out there with them and I didn't hear any sort of a yipe. Hubbie says maybe she ran her eye into a stick? Who knows. She was nosing around the shed and then nosing around the garden. She sticks her nose places that she should not stick it.

I'll keep you all posted. Thanks Chloe's Mom!

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: Her eye has gone down some. She is slightly sleepy from the Benydryl. I sure would like to know what caused this. She and Pooh have been back outside a few times. I followed her around looking everywhere she went but didn't see anything. I saw a bee flying around. We have ants in the yard. Makes me scared to let her out there without me right beside her. Sadie is our accident prone child.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Hope she is better again soon. Sounds like she ran into something, or did she get dirt in it? If the eye is gong down then its probably nothing to worry about.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
It seems like stuff always happens on a weekend. I am glad you were able to reach your vet. If it was an insect bite she probaby didn't even feel it and thats why you did hear her cry.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
That sounds like a bug bite to me too. Gotta' love our Florida bugs! I hope the Benedryl works and that Sadie is feeling better soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts