Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i switched my beagle puppys food from pedigree (it was on that when i got her) to a much better brand and now she has very loose stool. Its not really diarrhea but its very soft and loose and sometimes a very yellowish color. she also constantly has gas (4-5x per day)

is this just because of the new food? will this subside after a while? she has been on the new food for over a week now.

unfortunately i didnt mix the pedigree with her new food because i wasnt aware of this problem when i switched.

also how many times should she be pooping per day? she poops around 3x per day.

·
Registered
147 Posts
i'm not sure what's going on but the same thing happened with homer when we tried purina one for him-whether he had it mixed or alone he had the runs.we stopped and tried later with the rest of the bag but same thing happened so might just be the food.hopefully someone else has better advice but just wanted to throw my 2 cents in.and he poops 2-3 times aday

·
Registered
295 Posts
Give her a tablespoon of canned pumpkin with each meal to firm up her poop. Plain pumpkin, not the pie filling kind.

What are you feeding her now?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Don't worry about it too much. Mix the new food with plain steamed white rice and a flat spoon of canned pumpkin (eases the stomach). Feed her that until you see her stomach is better.

You learn new things every day.

·
Registered
182 Posts
It may take about a week to get things back to normal. I would do what Chloe's mom suggested and add a little canned pumpkin (not the pie filling - just pumpkin, if you get Libby's brand watch the label), and some cooked rice and things should return to normal soon.

Been there, done that so you don't feel too alone

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright i will try the canned pumpkin and rice idea... thanks for the help!

after it becomes more firm is it ok to take her off that and just use the single kibble that shes on now?

i switched her to chicken soup for the puppy lovers soul... ive heard this is a good brand... is that true?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yes, after things return to normal you can stop the rice and pumpkin.

I don't use chicken soup brand myself but I have heard great things about it from friends.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts