Our Beagle World Forums banner

Swimming

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Sephly 
#1 ·
We recently put up a pool, about 15' by 3' deep. Dotty HATES swimming so far, but Diggity LOVES it! The weird thing is, Diggity keeps her back legs tucked in and only swims with her front. Is this normal? I always thought dog paddling used all four legs.

#2 ·
We have a pool, but Maggie won't go near it. She hates the water, and even has to have an umbrella over her head when she goes out to go potty in the rain. LOL

My daughter's dog (Australian Shepherd) comes over and goes swimming all the time, and she uses mostly her front legs for swimming...her back legs are straight out.

#4 ·
Buzz swam for the first time yesterday when we were out at the beach - I was so excited that he was doing okay that I didn't look at his rear legs or anyone else's for that matter... I'll have to check them all next time we go out. And no tail wagging from our pack - they are stoic about swimming (they have no choice if they want to follow us) but they are not really happy about it!

#6 ·
I already posted this in the gallery but couldnt resist adding it here too. Molly was pretty sceptical at first but once she saw other dogs having fun there was no stopping her. We have to constantly throw a stick or toy for her to retrieve and she cries like a baby when we stop!

And for the record - her back legs swim like crazy

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.