Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we have had suzy she reverse sneezes ALOT on walks and I talked to the vet and he suggested a harness. We recieved it last night and when I put it on her she gets really depressed, but when she realizes we are going for a walk her attitude does a 180. Here she is.....she has a VERY rough life, cant you tell?

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
She will soon love her harness. Snoopy dances when he sees us getting the harnesses, and even once he has his on he tries to get into Susis. Harnesses mean walkies in this house.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Very nice harness. I love the color. Perfect for our Florida summers. Jersey walks much better on a harness. She used to do the reverse sneeze and actually even damaged her throat as a puppy from pulling so much on walks. With the harness, that's 100% better. She pulls much less. We're working on the heel command, and she does it sometimes, but if she's on a scent, forget it.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
You look beautiful Suzy !!!

once she learns that the harness means going for a walk I'm sure she will change her tune about wearing it !!

·
Registered
650 Posts
That is a very lovely harness Suzy! All three of mine know it's walk time when I pull out their harnesses. Ginger even know how to put it on, sticking her head through it when I hold it up. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
794 Posts
I agree, harnesses are a favorite in our house! :animal18:
Georgia does not reverse sneeze anymore, either!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Bel HATES her harness!! She sees it and she will go hide under the bed. Even asking her to "go" won't entice her out. When we do get it on her, she too acts like a totally diff dog. Goes from very extroverted and fun seeking to quiet and depressed looking. She won't play at all, just lays around until we take it off. Then its like we put new batteries in her!!

·
Registered
308 Posts
She is just beautiful! I love the color too!

My Twins love their collars (red for Chloe and purple for Lillie) and I know they would love colored harnesses but all we could find was black.

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
That's a really cute harness. Sydney does the same, as soon as she sees her harness she cowers and when I put it on her she does "the statue" and will not move. As soon as the door opens though, she is back to normal and enjoys her walk.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts