Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are not panicking this time as I still feel foolish about how we went on about Snoopy. Snoopy is fine now, but we still watch he doesnt jump too much. Susi is acting strange, shivers, lies on the floor rather than the couch, walks very slowly, slept under a bush in the garden for hours today. But she is eating. We suspect tummy trouble or maybe a false pregnancy, but shall wait until tomorrow before considering going to the vet. She doesnt want anything to do with Snoopy, which is most unusual. Probably nothing.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Gentle hugs to Susi! Maybe's she just having one of those days ... if she is eating/drinking/pooping/peeing, then maybe she is just out of sorts. Let us know how the day goes.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
It's times like this that I really, really wish they could talk to us.

Poor Susi...I hope you feel better very soon!

~Denise

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Hopefully, Susi will be back to normal soon. Once again, I wonder why our pets always seem to get sick on weekends or holidays. :conf12:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Poor Susi! I do hope that she starts feeling better soon. Like Denise said, it is times like this when we all wish our fur babies could talk to us. It's always so stressful when they just aren't right. Give Susi some extra lovin' from me and Jersey!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Poor Susi! I hope she's feeling better today. It's so hard when they can't tell you where it hurts but you know something is wrong!

Get better, Susi.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We are having trouble with internet so dont worry if you dont hear from us. Also we go away for a week on Friday, if all is well with the hounds.
Susi is back on the couch! A very good sign. She is still acting strangely but we are convinced it is a false pregnancy or that she is 'mixed up'. Do any vets on this forum know whether a bitch can have a false pregnancy even when they have been neutered? Susi was used as a breeding machine for nearly 5 years , amongst horrid experiments, so I wonder if a part of her still able to think she is pregnant.
Both our 'kids' are eating, Snoopy is very happy after the scare he gave us and Susi is probably always going to have her strange moments. She is peeing indoors again, a sure sign of her being 'mixed up'.

·
Registered
134 Posts
She shouldn't be having a false pregnancy if she's been desexed as it's hormone dependent. However given her history she may well have some other anxiety issues or something going on. I guess only Susi knows what goes on in Susi's mind. Glad she's feeling a bit better and couching it /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
134 Posts
You mentioned she's urinating inside. Is there any increase in frequency etc... to indicate a urinary tract infection... I don't know I don't like to guess these things over the internet.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Kerstin, no she's not urinating more than normal. But goes through these phases where she waits until she is indoors and pees in front of us on one carpet or another. I wondered about the broody thing because she was 'nesting' under a bush. I feared at first she was digging a hole to die in, but i think its only cats that do that. When she was given a fluffy toy she carried it crying to a corner and growled if Snoopy went near. So we dont have any fluffy toys any more. Susi is very loving and is happiest on Dave's lap.
Fortunately Susi is cuddling up to Snoopy again, is eating well and walking normally . So I guess it is just one of those things we have to accept about her, that bad memories are going to haunt her now and then.

·
Registered
862 Posts
If only they could talk to us.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Glad to know Susi's back to normal again /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just a quickie to let you know we are going away for a week. Interested to know how our hounds get on. This is a trial run before our big winter trip- 2 months or more going wherever we feel like it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts