Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are not too worried yet, but Susi has been sick for a few days. She has a high fever, red eyes, and is throwing up. However, she does ask for food! The vet says to starve her, difficult with Snoopy demanding food, for a few days.
Susi still enjoys walks so surely cant be very sick? I'll let you know what happens. We just worry about our fur kids.
We have just cancelled a holiday because of this.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this Angela! I hope that Susi is feeling better soon. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Jersey and I send lots of gentle hugs and kisses across the big pond.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Poor Suzi - Starve a beagle - the Bagel says that is cruel
I'm sure she will perk up in a day or so! Lot's of love and attention for Suzi and don't neglect Snoopy!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Originally Posted By: bobPoor Suzi - Starve a beagle - the Bagel says that is cruel
Yep, JoJo agrees and would like to sneak her a few treats.

Snoopy, too!

I sure hope she feels better soon. Maybe just a bug?
There will be other holidays, but it was very loving that you cancelled it for her.

Would it be helpful to keep Suzi away while you feed Snoopy?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Awww, sorry to hear this - and sending Susi lots of get-well wishes and gentle belly rubs to feel better soon. Hopefully it is just a bug or something she ate (always a strong possibility with a beagle!).

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Poor Susi, hope she feels better soon. I can totally relate to cancelling a holiday for a sick beagle. I hope it's just a bug and she is back to her self in no time.

·
Registered
46 Posts
So sorry to hear about Susi. Ok, I had to ask, and I even tried looking online. But you said that your vet told you to starve her? Is that a normal thing to do when your dog is ill? Sorry, just curious and not trying to criticize or anything.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Originally Posted By: Kenya Owns Me But you said that your vet told you to starve her? Is that a normal thing to do when your dog is ill?
Of course, can't answer for Susi's vet but, typically, when a dog is throwing up, the protocol is to stop all food for 24 hours, then feed plain white rice in small servings for the next 24 hours and then add plain, white poached chicken to the rice for the next 24 hours. If all is kept down, then one starts to mix dog food in with the chicken and rice until you are back to normal dog food portion. It is sometimes very, very hard to withhold food from your dog and even harder if there is a second pet in the house who is eating!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Gabby says that a good, long belly rub makes everything better! We all hope that Suzi will be feeling better soon.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Poor Susi. I hope she feels better soon. It's so hard when our babies are sick because they can't tell us why.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I'm so sorry Susi is sick
It's good that you're in contact with the vet though. Prayers your way!!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Poor Suzi! Get lots of rest and get better soon. Like everyone else has said - If only they could talk and tell us what was hurting them.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hope Susie is feeling better soon

1 - 20 of 40 Posts