Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was supposed to pick Sammy up after work today (Friday). Last night I got home and there was a note that said went to the store. About a half hour later hubby and the kids pulled into the drive. I went out to help with what I thought was groceries, and hubby handed me my puppy!

I think I made a great choice in dog - my house is VERY VERY loud. We have 9 of our own personal dogs plus several fosters, along with 4 kids under the age of 9. He couldn't have cared less - he played and pounced and ran around wagging his tail like he had always been there. Of course my retired brood mama pit bull Jasmine(they estimate she had at least a dozen litters before I rescued her at the age of 9) is playing Mommy to him.

And...no one got any sleep. He whined and barked all night. Around 4 am we tried him in the bed but he wouldn't settle. Back out to the crate. More whining and crying. No accidents in there though! Anxiously awaiting the first peaceful night!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Ya I know it can be tough in the beginning. Again, my advice is to ignore him when he's whining and crying in the crate. If you do, the majority of it will stop within 1-3 days. It's know it's hard, but you got to do it or he's going to learn he can do that and get you guys to respond to it.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
What a wonderful hubby you have!!

The whining and barking at night will stop in a few days, he just needs to get used to being without his litter mates.

Now we deserve more pictures

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Wonderful surprise to have waiting! Your home sounds so rambunctious, robust, and full of happiness, any dog (or child) would be lucky to grow up there

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Oh, you sound a wonderful family. Thank you for helping so many dogs. The latest addition will soon settle down and your pitbull sounds a wonderful mamma substitute.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Last night was better...he cried fromn about 3 am-4 and then was quiet. He had his puppy shots today and is tuckered out now from playing with the kids.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Congratulations on getting your new baby home!! You're gonna have lots of fun!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.