Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dog will be having his first surgery. Any recommendation for post-care surgery products and would love to hear your stories as well. Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I haven’t been here in awhile, but I thought I’d drop buy and let you know that Dodger and me are great and he is learning sooooo much and tomorrow he’s getting snipped if you know what I mean, no more sniffing the wind for the female hormones..... he will no longer be longing for that smell, anyone out there tell me what to expect???? I am a first time beagle mom and he’s my baby boy and he’s my angel.....lol If anyone’s out there please reply that, I am just a worry wart.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I haven’t been here in awhile, but I thought I’d drop buy and let you know that Dodger and me are great and he is learning sooooo much and tomorrow he’s getting snipped if you know what I mean, no more sniffing the wind for the female hormones..... he will no longer be longing for that smell, anyone out there tell me what to expect???? I am a first time beagle mom and he’s my baby boy and he’s my angel.....lol If anyone’s out there please reply that, I am just a worry wart.
I can't be much help, my Ally was a girl. But she rebounded fast from her spay. I had trouble keeping her from not romping around - it was like nothing ever happened, but beagles can be stoic with pain. Just follow the advice of your vet for limitations on food/water post surgery anesthesia and try to keep him quiet so no injury to surgery site and avoid him licking the incision site which could cause infection ("cone of shame" if needed). If after a few days he's lethargic, would phone the vet again just to be sure.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I can't be much help, my Ally was a girl. But she rebounded fast from her spay. I had trouble keeping her from not romping around - it was like nothing ever happened, but beagles can be stoic with pain. Just follow the advice of your vet for limitations on food/water post surgery anesthesia and try to keep him quiet so no injury to surgery site and avoid him licking the incision site which could cause infection ("cone of shame" if needed). If after a few days he's lethargic, would phone the vet again just to be sure.
Thanks..... your right about that rebound he’s doing good, but moving slow and not eating much... he’s past the year make, so the vet says the nurturing might take the edge of his anxiety that beagles have, I hope so, anyways thanks, I am just a first time mom and dog owner period little lone a beagle...lol and he is such a push over he is pushing his limits today trying to get away with pulling on the leash and so forth. You know your beagle...lol have a great tomorrow and again thanks ☺🙃

·
Registered
26 Posts
Dodgers no doing well he’s allergic to the ibuprofen he’s even at the vet all day, it been a week Monday sense his surgery and they just figured out what’s even going on so they’re now treating him with fluids, anti nausea meds and special food his stomach can handle.... they say some beagles can be allergic to ibuprofen, just small dogs in general, its still touch and go, so pray he gets better and I don’t have to put him down God forbid expense too or just his quality of life, I live on disability and saved for years to get Dodger... pray plz😉😢

·
Registered
26 Posts
I found a similar one online but it's on legs Lick Sleeve anyway, he's done with the surgery and now recovering!
Dodgers no doing well he’s allergic to the ibuprofen he was givenat surgery and after he’s been at the vet all day, it’s been a week Monday sense his surgery and they just figured out what’s even going on so they’re now treating him with fluids, anti nausea meds and special food that stomach can handle.... they say some beagles can be allergic to ibuprofen, just small dogs in general, its still touch and go, so pray he gets better and I don’t have to put him down, God forbid expense too or just his quality of life, I live on disability and saved for years to get Dodger... pray plz😉😢
I found a similar one online but it's on legs Lick Sleeve anyway, he's done with the surgery and now recovering!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts