Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On March 1, 2007 I left work early to make the 45 minute drive with my father in law and stepson to pick up an eight month old beagle named 'Bart.' We drove through a snow storm to pick up this little guy.

That was the first day that we met. He was a scrappy and hyper little pooch, with a serious case of the zoomies that never seemed to end. He terrorized the cats, barked out the front window and pulled on the leash when we walked.

We plodded along thorough house breaking, sleepless nights, crate training, infections, two rounds of obedience school, and what seemed like endless chewing and destruction.

I will admit that had strong feelings of regret for the first few weeks. Our household was in upheaval, our quiet evenings interrupted, our freedom (and sometimes sanity) gone. The cats were miserable and I felt guilty.

The dog formerly known as 'Bart' became Ben. Little by little Ben settled in and so did we. In the past two years he has brought us so many laughs, cuddles, and love. He has taught us about patience, tolerance, unconditional love, and finding joy in the simple things. He keeps us active and on our toes. He warms our feet on cold nights. He warms our hearts everyday.

I cannot imagine life without my Benny. He is a source of tremendous joy in my life. I love every minute with him.

Happy 2nd Gotcha Day Ben!

Attachments

·
Registered
605 Posts
Aww! They do change our lives, but usually for the better!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Happy Gotcha Day Ben! You are a lucky beagle to have found such a good home. Love the second picture.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts