Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well on Sunday, Summer and Murphy both had a good Easter breakfast and a turkey dinner. Problem is that Summer vomitted it all. So, no anything until dinner last night. She couldn't keep that down. And again this morning, but only bile. So off to the vets we go this morning. After a thorough going over and an x-ray, all looks well. A shot and some pills for the vomiting, and we are good to go. WRONG! o less than an hour after I get back she has some water and can't keep that down. I call the vets and back we go. Injected fluids and nothing for dinner but 2 ice cubes. If she keeps that down, more ice cubes in the morning. If not, she has to be hospitalized.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Poor Summer, I'm so sorry that she's not feeling well. I must say Joe, can't you guys catch a break? It's a good thing that Summer & Murphy have such good parents! I hope that Summer is feeling better soon and doesn't need to go to the hospital. Sending good thoughts your way!

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Does she have diarrhea also? When Abby was throwing up and had diarrhea they thought it might be worms (they didn't find any) but treated her anyway and she stopped throwing up and stopped having diarrhea.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Poor Summer!! Can dogs get stomach flu? My doctor told me last week that this has been the worst year for vicious stomach viruses that he can remember. Maybe Summer has something like that? Bless her heart--I hope she doesn't have to be hospitalized!

·
Registered
157 Posts
:computer: Good thoughts are on the way to Summer from Tippi and me. Hope she is feeling better soon. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Lora&Tippi

"My little dog. A heartbeat at my feet."

Edith Wharton

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all, No bloodwork as of yet. I'm sure thats included with the hospital stay. Otherwise she is sleeping soundly now.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
aaaawww sweet girl ..... sure hope that it isn't anything more than a passing bug.

Feel better soon Summer !!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bless her heart, she sounds miserable. Will add her to the beagle prayer list, and hope that she's feeling better soon.

·
Registered
91 Posts
How frustrating and perplexing this can be, when they (the dogs or the docs) cannot tell you what is going on. How often I say to myself "how I wish they could talk" so I can know what is happening.

Here's hoping Summer is back to her regular perky self soon.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Vinny had something similar a year or so ago, although no hospital stay. Our vet put him on rice and cottage cheese. It seemed to settle his stomach down and after a week he was back on a normal diet.

Big hug to Summer for us.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jersey had a case of gastritis back between Christmas and New Year's. After a few days of an easy diet she was back to her normal self. I hope Summer's feeling better soon.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts