Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sulli (age 1.5 years) went to the vet for the first time in her life today. She got all her shots, a full exam and a microchip. Doc says she is doing very good. She weighs 25 lbs which blows my mind. She seems so little to me and very light when I pick her up. Everything checks out good and Doc thinks she is beautiful. So do I, but I think I am a little biased.

I was surprised but she didn't even flinch for any of the shots or for the microchip. She was a perfect little lady, minus her acting timid.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Wow - first time ever?????

25 lb is a very good weight (think of it this way - she is portable
).

Chloe sends little Sulli a tail wag, from one tiny beagle to another.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Now that's good new, no great news! I relax a little when they tell me both boys are healthy. 25 lbs, that's what Casie needs, he is so light I feel as if I am going to accidentally throw him across the room when I pick him up.

How as the microchipping done ... good idea for a beagle. What did your vet charge for it?

Cathy J
Cobi's and Casie's mom

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Out total exam, shots and microchip were $86 today. Not bad.

The microchip is implanted by the use of a large needle. I was so surprised she didn't even flinch because the needles are so thick (about like a coffee stirrer) in order to allow the chip to pass through. They always implant them somewhere in the area of the shoulders/neck. The microchip itself was $30 this time. That has recently went up because I usually pay about $25 for them. All my dogs have microchips. I wouldn't own a pet without one now. Beagle or otherwise.

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
WTG Sulli! Good girl being good at the vet.

Daisy was chipped when she was spayed because the needle is so big. Max will be chipped when he is neutered. My vet charges $30 or $35.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts