Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many people may already know this, but I thought I would mention it to those who didn't. I recently had a litter of 5 pups and 4 have already went home leaving me with the same issues as a new puppy owner. How to get through those first few nights alone?!

I have sent with each of the pups a blanket that has the smells of mommy and the litter mates and have made some suggestions of a clock or machine that makes the sound of the heartbeat, etc... Here at our house it only took one thing. A big stuffed animal. Rowdy has taken to this stuffed animal as if it were the momma or the pile of pups he is used to sleeping on. He has done well even the first night alone. It's so cute I had to share a pic or two.

·
Registered
250 Posts
The blanket thing really helped Diesel. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif (who is one of the puppies from Maya's litter and Rowdy's brother.)Even when he was not asleep he would get scared or lonly i would just grab the blanket and wrap him in it and hold him for a min and he would be fine. Im going to try the stuffed animal thing though I never thought about that.... :conf6:

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh I want a bed like Sydney's. For me not the dog. lol Just kidding. That is an adorable bed and I want to do my decor in all bears some day. That bed would fit in so well.

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
7beaglelady actually gave it to Spencer when we went over to visit. Spencer & Sydney both loved to curl up in it, even together sometimes. Then one day they ate a hole through the belly and gutted him. :rolleyes:

I am not sure where she ever got him, I would love to get another one too though.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Adorable photos. When we sent our pups to new homes, we recommended a blanket under which they put a warm (not hot) water-bottle and a ticking clock. It worked wonders.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I still put Caesar to bed with a stuffed animal when I tuck him in. Unless I can't find one because he's hidden them somewhere...

·
Registered
614 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Spencer's Mum:
Then one day they ate a hole through the belly and gutted him. :rolleyes:

I could picture that, stuffing all over the place and a gutted bear laying in the middle of the pile with them having stuffing all over them looking at you like " What??"

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
THAT IS SOOO CUTE!!!! :angel: :angel: :heart: :heart:

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by madison069:
Quote:Originally posted by Spencer's Mum:
Then one day they ate a hole through the belly and gutted him. :rolleyes:

I could picture that, stuffing all over the place and a gutted bear laying in the middle of the pile with them having stuffing all over them looking at you like " What??"
Yup, that is exactly what it looked like.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You are correct...That is Clifford the Big Red Dog. I was trying to sell him (eBay) before Rowdy adopted him, but I guess I will be keeping him for future puppies now too.

·
Registered
157 Posts
What a wonderful and thoughtful idea :thumbup:
I wish the lady who sold Brie to us had thought of it, then possibly she wouldn't have been as frightened as she was for the first couple of days with us.

Lora&Tippi...and now Brie
"My little dog. A heartbeat at my feet."
Edith Wharton

G

·
0 Posts
I think if Chase had a piece of home here with him he'll be a little better. Great idea I must add..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts