Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This week, Quinn has gotten incredibly ornery. Grayson is a very eager-to-please and pleasant, but Quinn seems to be trying to get away with everything. She won't sit when I tell her to, and she's been peeing on the carpet without even letting us know she has to go. She also climbs over the baby gate when she is alone.

The puppies are just over three months old. It seems like Quinn is probably testing our dominance, as others have suggested in past threads. At the moment, the only time she will sit is if I have something she wants. She will not sit before I open the door to let her back into the house before going potty. I'm wondering if it's a female v. female issue?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Paula and Smeagle. She is a very smart dog. We haven't given them treats for sitting in quite some time. She knows the command well because we've been using it for a little over a month now, I think.

I've been doing the whole pushing her rear end down when she won't do it. I also wonder if she is doing it because she doesn't want to go inside.

We are practicing NILIF, and it's always on our terms. I keep all the toys up and out of their sight, so I only bring them out when I want to. They never beg for anything - what they beg for, they don't get.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally Posted By: DaisyTheDevilDogIf she is not sitting before she gets to come back in, then just leave her out there alone until she does. I'm thinking she will not like it that Grayson gets to go inside and be with you and she doesn't.
I can't really do that because he lives in an apartment and they go out through the front door to an area in front of the apartment complex. Thanks for the suggestion though!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Alan! It's tough having two, but I think once I get them to my house, I will definitely start utilizing what Smeagle suggested and separate the puppies for training periods, so they get used to being alone. That seems to be the most important thing right now because they hate being separated and they are about to be semi-permanently separated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.