Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmm whenever teddy's really angry at being corrected (aka, getting a firm loud No) and he minds (most of the time he just stops the behavior) he'll go into his crate or find a towel/blanket and suck on the blanket. Anyone else's beagle do that? it kinda cracks meup, its like his pacifier.

·
Registered
472 Posts
My beagles never have but growing up we had a dashound that did and we had holes in our bed sheets, bath towels, pool towels..you name it and it was all from sucking. The vet told us it was from being taken away from her mother to young(we found her) but in your case I'm not sure why. It is cute though

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Molly does that type of thing more when she is bored or nervous. She will suck/chew on the end of a blankie, stuffie or old shirt. It can get to be annoying and she also eats some of itso I have to stop her.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Maggie chews on blankets in her crate but I don't think she sucks on them. I will have to pay more attention next time she is in there.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Snoopy has her favorite blanket. Just before she takes a nap, she will gather her blanket, find just the right spot, grab a mouthful and suck on it. It is really calming to her because as she does this she has to really fight to keep her eyes open. She will also do this in the evenings when we are sitting on the couch. She has done that from the time we got her. When I wash her blanket she just can't wait for it to come out of the dryer. She monitors the whole process until it is done!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts