Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We finally took Stray Jack in yesterday to be neutered. He is our little Beagle/JRT (we think) mix that decided he was going to live with us last Sept. He also got his shots because we have no clue what he has or hasn't had. It cost us $71! I love our Humane Society!

When Hubby picked up Jack, he let him ride on his lap all the way home. And then Hubs hand feed him last night, although I know Stray Jack was milking it! The really funny thing is that we thought all evening they left his dingle berries and not wanting to be preverts we didn't dare touch anything :hi: ! This morning I finally realized his little sack was empty!

He could not still be in any pain cause he is back to climbing the fence and laying in the ditch watching the cars go by. We are gonna have to find another way to keep him contained. Thank goodness he is content to lay on the couch or ride in the work truck most of the time! Plus he does a good day's work at my office sleeping under my desk if needed!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
When my boyfriend and I were discussing neutering Spock, I told him if he was too afraid Spock would become less of a little man, he could get those Neuticles... the fake berries!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
It's that silliness that's part of the pet overpopulation problem. Animals do feel pain and emotions, but do not attach their 'manhood' to that which is snipped. Besides, they're happier and healthier afterward.

Personally I feel more sorry for the girls. The guys just get snipped, but with the girls it's major abdominal surgery.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Just tell Jack, that his "contribution" is a very good thing, and that he's a really good dog. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

I'm glad he sailed through the surgery so easily.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Around my house, that is the only step for a male canine to have found a "forever home" while females have to experience more invasive surgery. Ten years ago this month I rescued the Bagel and he immediately lost his friends. He has never missed them!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Snoopy has his removed completely, poor little fellow must have wondered where they had gone at the age of 5, but he seems o.k.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Marley's was done a couple of months ago.

Can I ask though, sometimes when he gets excited, playing and stuff, these two lumps form on either side of his you know, almost like the 2 are still there under the skin but they are higher up. Then when he calms down, it goes away. What gives?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He is still reaping the benefits of all the cheese he wants!

Honestly we would be happy for him to become a HUGE couch potato! Or figure a way out for him not to get bored in the back yard so easily. He just doesn't understand why the Wonder Twins can stay out there all day and still find smells to chase!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts