Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it normal to have a beagle that doesn't bark? Fred has only barked once since I adopted him. One other dumb question He only well.... #2's once in the morning then he holds it all day and night. He eats like a horse also. Does this sound normal?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Well, you haven't had him for a long time.... I'm assuming he had a vet check, so he should have told you something if there was a problem with his stomach/colon/etc... you can ask him just in case.

About the barking, well, you can see another thread here somewhere about just that. Some beagles are more vocal than others. Give him time - he'll show you he has a voice. Don't worry.

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
Maggie's a 3-4 times a day pooper. I was thinking this was a bit much, so I switched her food from 'Wellness Just For Puppy' to 'Merrick Puppy Plate' but she's still a frequent pooper...usually in the house! Grrrrrrrr!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Many beagles are very quiet so I wouldn't worry about that. Sherry only barks about once every 3 weeks which I'm thankful for because she has a very loud bark.

Rosa poops at least 3 times a day, if not more, but Sherry is a one poop a day girl and I'm fine with that.

As long as Fred's poop is normal when he goes and he doesn't appear constipated then I wouldn't worry about that either.

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Sydney very rarely barks. She will let out a squeek and Spencer goes into a barking frenzy for her. The only time we hear her bark is when she is chasing Spencer & can't catch him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts