Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Strange noises?

Beanie has been making rather... strange noises these past few days, usually after eating.

They kind of sound like small hiccups, but I'm not sure what it is. Also, when she was sleeping earlier, she made funny noises that sound like bubbles being popped in a video game. (I don't know how else to explain it!) I was just wondering if this was normal, and if it happens to your dogs as well.

In other news, Beanie and I started puppy kindergarten today, and I think she will like it a lot! At the beginning of the class, she was very afraid, and hid in the corner or behind my legs, and would whimper when the other pups came near her. She even had an accident, when a rowdy Boston Terrier came running towards her! The pup was very nice, but Beanie was deathly afraid. However, she opened up when another (adorable) beagle puppy arrived, and the two hit it off like no tomorrow. They had a lot of fun play-fighting, and towards the end of the class, Beanie sniffed the other pups as well, including the Boston Terrier (though still rather nervously)! I'm very proud of her, and I think she had a lot of fun (as I did too). As soon as we got back in to the car, she fell asleep, and stayed asleep as I carried her back to her crate at home.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Re: Strange noises?

Not sure what to make of the noises - my first thought re the noises when asleep was that maybe they were her personalized snoring noise. If she eats really quickly, you might try spacing out her food into several servings -- giving only small amounts with some time in between.
My Maggie has always been more friendly towards beagles than other dogs -- this morning at the vet she completely ignored three other dogs and went right up to a cute little beagle (named Lucy -- when I commented that she looked like a European beagle with her square head, the owner confirmed that there was some British beagles in her lineage). I wonder if other breeds gravitate towards each other -- interesting concept!
It sounds like puppy kindergarten ended on a good note and exhaustion afterwards gives you a break!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts