Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maggie's post-surgical stitches came out today and she did great.

For those of you who have drama-queen-at-the-vet beagles, you'll appreciate THIS story. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif I admit to treating Maggie differently than her brother Cal. She gets carsick, he loves to ride. She throws up and drools at the vet, He visits with all the people and all the dogs. She fusses and worries over every little sound in the house, He barely looks up.

Today, my boyfriend had the 'honor' of taking Maggie to get her stitches out. I advised him, "'wear your oldest clothes, because she's gonna' slime ya'" "make sure she pottys outside the vets office, or she'll have an accident when she gets inside" "take paper towels, because she'll drool all over the waiting room", etc etc etc.

Okay, for the FIRST time ever, she DIDN'T drool, vomit, urinate or play the drama queen. Ed said she laid beside him on the chair, laid her head in his lap.......didn't wimper, whine or cry even!!

Just goes to show who the new alpha is in our world! Maggie is a totally different dog with Ed than with me. I admit to spoiling her. I guess the dog whisperer is right, calm confidence DOES transfer to our dogs......I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
That's funny. Its just the opposite at my house.I am the one who is able to stay calm when Maggie is upset. Jerry babies her and gives her lots of sympathy which only makes things worse. I think its because I was the one who took kids to the doctor for so many years, I am used to being the bad guy.

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
I have that issue with my daughter Ashleigh. One day we went to the girl's school for an activity and Ashleigh turned into the weepy little drama queen. I talked about it with her teacher afterward and that is not how Ashleigh is at school so we determined that she feeds off of me, lol.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Glad all is well with Maggie! My Maggie has me wrapped around her little toe -- she knows me way too well. I also see differences in the way she behaves with different folks at the vet's office -- with one vet tech, she will willingly get on the scale. With another, it is a battle.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I'm glad that Maggie has done so well, and it sounds like she's really bonded with Ed. That's a very good thing! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Li'l Girl gets anxious in the car, and at the vet's office, but she always behaves well. :angel: I think I say at least once a day how lucky I was to find such a sweet, sweet baby. :heart:

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Good for Maggie! What an angel she was at the vet's.

I tivo-ed some Dog Whisperer episodes and watched over the weekend for the first time (I know, I'm way behind). Dave and I both watched them and then he started using some of the techniques. I have to admit, when Duke was getting into things, Dave calmly called him and made him sit and stay and Duke listened to him! I was so jealous. So from now on, Dave has to discipline him.LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts