Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a few plants getting ready to plant them, turn around Charlie got hold of one, turned the plant out and ran off with the plastic pot, chewing it with pleasure! Knocked one of the stem of flower out.
I can't imagine when I really plant those in the ground. I won't be laughing any more.

·
Registered
400 Posts
LOL. Charlie thought he'd help out with the weed problem

My mom brought over some plants to help sprucen my place up, but Java decided to feast on the leaves and some of the dirt. YUM!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Henry too is quite the plant chewer...

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Take my advice and make sure they aren't toxic. We took a trip to the ER once because of that and ended up having to rip out and replant several in our backyard because you'd be surprised at how many common plants and flowers are toxic. Now our plants are Duke-proof.

When we decided to grow a veggie garden this spring, we actually fenced it off with wrought iron fencing and a gate to keep Duke from eating the plants. He is even taking down two baby palm trees that Dave transplanted. So I feel your pain! Seems like if we want pretty flowers, they either have to go out front, or in containers, up out of reach.

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
I would suggest fencing in the garden area somehow. I am lucky that Molly tends to only want grass to munch on, but my greyhound LOVES to eat the dirt around freshly planted flowers and veggies, so we use those adjustable wire fences.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Maybe Charlie had a different place he wanted the plant.
Seriously, when Dusty plants a new shrub or bush, he puts a little wire fence around it. One never knows when one of the dogs will decide to move a new plant.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I used the electonic invisible fence device before on Marlin, he was even more destructive, he was 60lb by then. It worked, but I have disarmed that device, it is not that easy to wire it back up. Beside, Charlie is only 26lb I'm afraid it might hurt him.
I just go out and police around. He loves chewing the sprinkler heads too. I had them wrapped around with electrical tapes, like bandages. Those are not poison plant, so I'm won't be that worry.
Beside he does not eat the plant, he chew the plastic tub.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
I have learned to use rubber gloves before planting anything. othwerise beagles cant resist digging up anything to see if its tasty. The gloves help keep that enticing smell of us off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts