Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is almost 9:00am over here in California. I'm up and around quite a bit. Charlie is still snoring in his warm crate. Doesn't he needs to go pee? Yes, it is getting a little chilly in the morning.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
9:30 am up here and Popcorn hasn't even emerged from under the blankets either. The others have all been out for a nice walk (I take Buzz out as soon as he wakes up just to establish a routine - and anyone else who is up can come along) but Popcorn just ignored us and didn't even get up when we got back and I was giving out the post-walk cookie. I guess Popcorn just needs her beauty sleep!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
it's okay, don't feel bad. Chloe didn't even bother opening her eyes when I woke up at 8. She did me a huge favor by slowly dragging her little butt when she heard the leash....

·
Registered
56 Posts
oh i understand how that goes. there's been a few days where at 1030am (yes you read that right) that I have to go in a pull the covers off max and make him get his bum outta bed. once he even nosed his way back under the blankets till after 11....talk about lazy butt

·
Registered
889 Posts
Wow!! I WISH mine would sleep like that. We have all hard floors and they're constantly clickety clicking arounding the room come about 7 or so. They'll click around, lay back down, click around, jump on the bed just to make sure they didn't miss one of us waking up. I have to make sure to be really still and close my eyes tight or it's all over!!
Of course, after waking us up at a horrible hour, they'll eat breakfast and then crash again. Needless to say, we don't. LOL

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
It was a sleepy morning in my house today as well. For the first time in ages, Mags let me sleep in -- we both woke up at about 7:30, looked at each other and both went back to sleep until 8:30! Then Maggie even waited patiently for me to get dressed to take her out to pee (as opposed to decorating the carpet ...). My fibromyalgia kicked in big time this week so was very thankful for the extra sleep!

·
Registered
400 Posts
lucky! I started smelling beagle breath at 7:30 this morning. wish java would sleep in

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Jasmine and Maya, my two females are up at 5:30 a.m. every morning without fail. Even after the time change they are raring to go by that time in the morning. Now the boys on the other hand are the exact opposite. I literally have to pull Tate out of his kennel to help get him moving in the mornings some times and Sam is just such an easy going dog he will just hang out until you are ready to be up. He'll sleep as long as you do, but once you are asking for his cooperation he is fine. I have learned with the girls though that no matter how deeply they are sleeping if I get up early to use the restroom...as soon as I flush the toilet they think that is their alarm clock. There have been a few times I have opted to wait to flush it until it is really time to get up. lol

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
The funny thing is that Booker's old owners said she was always the first one in their house to get up every day, before 5 am. Since we are NOT morning people we were somewhat worried about this... and on the first morning we had her we set the alarm and got up extra early and then just watched her and checked on her as she didn't even move a muscle until 9:00 am or so. And in the 8 years we have had her she has NEVER willingly gotten up before then - and will willing sleep until noon or 1:00 pm if we let her. So I really don't know what her former owners were doing to make her get up that early!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Meg will sleep in usually as long as we do. On a weekday morning, we are up at 7.45 ish and i have to drag her out to come eat breakfast, do her toilet etc. then she is happy to go out for her walk. But is Simon is still in bed ( he works funny shifts as a police officer ), she will just stay under the duvet as long as he is. On a weekend, if we are not awake by ten, she will then start pacing and barking at the back door for the toilet, so we get up then. generally she fits in around us and thats great !

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
You guys are lucky to have Beagles that will sleep in. Sadie is up every morning between 5 - 6 a.m. This morning she got up at 5 with hubby, who gets up early for work. Pooh Bear gets up too, although he would sleep in if everyone was quiet. I let them out to go pee and back in and we laid back down and slept till 7:30 a.m. That was nice!

·
Registered
847 Posts
That's funny. During the week Holly's basically got to drag Bodie out of his crate at 6:00 am. You would think he's got to pee like a race horse and would want out. But noooo... she tell me some mornings she is actually sliding him on the wood floors (paws dangling) all the way to the door. He's not a morning person, just like his old man.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Jersey is usually up by 7 a.m. She doesn't grasp the concept of sleeping in. Sometimes iff I take her out and feed her, she'll let me go back to bed and ends up cuddling after she eats. If I'm lucky I can sometimes get her to let me sleep until 8:30.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts