Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still need help with Lilley!

She's still a maniac, she's come along way since I've been working with her...she is only 7 month old.though. I can not seem to break her from jumping and stealing food from the kids. The kids should be at the table and for the most part are but even then if they are not sitting right she jumps up and grabs their food. Today it was a fight over pizza! She grabbed it from my son who was walking to the table. We yelled and told her to drop it, our other dog Shelby got upset and kind of went after her attacking her under her belly, then Lilley started fighting back...all this over food. She's not agressive at all over food until tonight, I still dont think that was agression my other dog started it. Help

·
Registered
140 Posts
Re: Still need help with Lilley!

I'm not sure I can help you.... but a few days ago, my puppy started getting aggressive with us when we tried to move her off the couch to put her back in her crate for bedtime. She's never done it before until four days ago, and has been doing it every day since. However, after each time, we let her know that it was inappropriate behavior (held her by the collar, and talked to her firmly),and today she, although whiney, did not growl at us anymore!

Anyway, good luck with Lilley!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts

She is testing her boundaries. Shelby was putting Lilley inher place, so should you.

Anyway, remember, she is only 7 months old. So keep working on it.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts

I put Maggie in her crate if my grandkids are here and eating. It is not worth taking a chance on something happening. I know thats harder to do when its not just visiting kids. Joe is right. She is still young and learning. Keep working with her.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Today is a better day overall with training her. I think maybe after what happened yesterday something clicked in her head. I also babysit and when the kids came over both dogs are usually crazy. I told Shelby to go night night and she went into her crate and all I had to say to Lilley was her name and she went on her own. What bothered me was when I sent to shut the door she cowered down. We have never hit her or anything so I dont know whe she is doing that. Unless it's because my husband grabbed her collar over thi pizza incident last night. She just seems to be a different dog today and more obedient. She hasnt talked back either. She's very vocal and when you tell her something she does not like she yells at us.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.