Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pup loves sticks! It can be a big stick to a small twig he will grab it and walk pridefully away then flop down and chew on it. How common is this and is this ok for him?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Pretty common. My beagles love sticks. I think that they're a common dog toy; I have pictures of my grandma's little mutt merrily running around the yard with a stick 4 times longer than he is. As long as they don't eat whole pieces that they can choke on, as long as they don't chew them into little pieces into your carpet or on your furniture, most sticks should be fine.

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
Maggie loves to play fetch with sticks, and they make great, inexpensive toys! But I've also often wondered if because of the splinter factor, they might not be the best for them. Hmmmmmm...

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Maggie used to do this but not so much any more. She loves to sneak pinecones past me and shred them on the living room floor.

·
Registered
511 Posts
As were walking Murphy loves to grab a stick, twig or pine cone. It's a hoot to see how proud he is when he's carrying it, and how bummed he is when he drops it and we're going too fast for him to snatch it back up. He looks back like he's lost his favorite toy.

·
Registered
350 Posts
funny,
my dogs dont show much interest in sticks per se, but in their yard are some trees with low branches. they first strip the branch of leaves and bark (over time.. say 10 days) then start chewing the branch up from the end til it is gone. then move on to the next one.
Dogs are just plain wierd.
C.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Jersey loves sticks. Not as much as when she was a puppy though. She used to find one to carry around on our walks. She'd always stop at the same place to find something to walk around with. Silly girl.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Totti loves sticks, or anything WOOD in general!!!!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Snoopy loves to chew on a twig in the garden. So far he hasnt broken it up. Susi shows no interest in sticks at all.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Mine both love sticks and twigs, I have even brought some of the ones they like into the house for them, hey gotta make the kids happy:)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Buddy loves the twigs also. He will sit there and just chomp away. He doesnt actually eat them just chews on them. I also have little tree bushes in my backyard that he loves to chew on and rip branches off.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Originally Posted By: BubblesSnoopy chews sticks and rocks. she loves them both.
I had to laugh when I read this because Roscoe and Cole love sticks and twigs but also love rocks!! Go figure

1 - 17 of 17 Posts