Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usually the Wonder Twins sleep like cinder blocks at night and have to be pushed out of the bed in the mornings. However with it being spring, we have our windows up.

Last night at 3am some of our neighbors got in and let their dogs out. I don't believe their dogs barked however Chloe and Lillie decided they wanted it known that their sleep had been distrubed /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/doh.gif. You would have thought they were rabbit hunting. And now that they are 18 months old, they both have very deep voices. So for 10 minutes straight I heard the HHHHHHHOOOOOWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLL of 2 Beagles. They also got Stray Jack to join in.

Needless to say, both me and Hubby got up to come sleep on the couch (at the other end of the house). As soon as we got settled in on the couch, it was quiet as a mouse in OUR bedroom. I went in a couple of minutes later and both were on their backs, stretched out.

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
I have gone thru that a few times with my beagles and my greyhounds. The only thing that really worked was to get out of bed and shush them, tell them to lay down. They don't understand the rules and think they are protecting you and/or talking to your neighbors dogs. Andy my greyhound was hard to break of it at first because is a big protector. He would whine and whine if he heard a dog barking at night.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts