Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the Toronto Raptors won in the NBA finals last night to go up 3-1. That's great and all, but I did not appreciate the people in my building setting off fireworks for us to walk under as I was bringing the dogs back from their bedtime constitutional. I did not appreciate that at all.

If I may use foul language, WTAF. WTF.

That is dangerous and thoughtless. I was worried something would land on us. Luckily Neb is not scared of fireworks and Xerxes doesn't like them but he stayed calm and I hustled them into the building. Toby said I should've seen what unit it was but honestly I was trying to get them in without being hurt.

:mad:

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
I hear 'ya...thankfully its illegal to shoot off fireworks where I live due to high fire danger. Its bad enough the horror we recently went through with the horrible fire and needing to evacuate...the Police would have been called in seconds. Its going to be bad fire danger this summer since so much grew after the heavy rain. We get high winds late summer so it makes the situation really bad.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
I dread 4th of July! I hope there are no illegal fireworks this year. Rascal has been terrified of them :(

techie

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They were setting them off from their balcony! That's got to be dangerous!

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
The electrical companies in California are going to turn off electricity during periods of high fire danger. People are going to hate this since it will affect large areas...not going to be too great when its hot this summer without a/c.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That will be tough, no AC, food in fridges - but yeah, fires are worse. And I guess the electrical companies caused one of the big fires last year so it kind of makes sense? Scary stuff though.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Better no electricity than no home I guess. Still a hot summer for people who can't tolerate the heat :(

techie

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Better no electricity than no home I guess. Still a hot summer for people who can't tolerate the heat /forums/images/smilies/frown.gif

techie
93° today...oh yah summer is here...whew....and the A/C is going!...lol

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We got a new AC yesterday, that should cool our whole place and not run constantly. We haven't needed to use it yet, it's been 25C before humidity (I think that's 77F) so pleasant but not too hot in our apartment.

The new unit says it cools 700sqft, our place is larger (just under 900sqft), but we read reviews of people saying it cooled their 1300sqft condo so I think we'll be good.

And Toby installed a rainfall shower head yesterday, I am VERY excited about that!

·
Super Moderator
5,052 Posts
Both of mine are terrified of fireworks, there was one year they went on until 2 am. We never had a problem until NY legalized fireworks and around this time of year they sell them everywhere, even in the grocery store. Always dread the 4th of July and the days around it.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There were more fireworks yesterday, and today! Before the game! Someone is shooting them into our lawn and they go off there. It's ridiculous. I mean, it was pouring all day and the building waters the lawns daily so I'm not so fussed about fire as I am it's just a jerk move. Really sets Xerxes on edge.

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
There were more fireworks yesterday, and today! Before the game! Someone is shooting them into our lawn and they go off there. It's ridiculous. I mean, it was pouring all day and the building waters the lawns daily so I'm not so fussed about fire as I am it's just a jerk move. Really sets Xerxes on edge.
Gee that's crazy...Its so strict here with fireworks. The high school near by shoots them off sometimes after their game. Im actually surprised they can do it...the fire station is across from the school. Even still, the noise is annoying. I wonder with 4th of July coming up how strict the use of fireworks will be. They're already warning about the dry brush from lots of growth after the rain we had. Be ready to evacuate they say...

·
Registered
264 Posts
Odie is terrified of fireworks and he just had a lump removed and if the raps win tomorrow the city will go crazy with fireworks and I cant have him running around. will have to crate him and turn up the tunes.

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Odie is terrified of fireworks and he just had a lump removed and if the raps win tomorrow the city will go crazy with fireworks and I cant have him running around. will have to crate him and turn up the tunes.
Poor boy, where was the lump? Hope he's ok.

·
Registered
264 Posts
i found a little red bump on his chest.. the size of a button. I took him to the vet and they did a needle aspiration. it showed it was a plasma cell tumour. He had it removed on Monday. He has about 14 stitches and I go back tomorrow for a check up and the results. June 24th he goes back to get the stitches removed. Most are benign but some can be malignant so it had to be removed and check. He is doing well. thanks for asking

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh geez, go Odie, please let us know how he does with his results!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure he will be fine, but I'd still like to know. And hoping there's no fireworks to bother him in the meantime

·
Registered
264 Posts
The results are in.. he had a cutaneous plasmacytoma.. not benign but not necessarily malignant. it was removed early on and had clean margins so all was caught. no further action is required and there is very little chance he will get another but always good to check him over periodically...
we go at 5pm tonight to get the stitches checked but they look pretty clean, no pus, no puffiness.. all looks good. thanks

1 - 20 of 27 Posts