Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boyfriend has had his eye on a female beagle at the same place he bought Spock back in August. The girl beagle pup has been pining away in a display box since sometime in October, getting older and subsequently having less "aww" appeal for people who want adorable very-baby-age puppies. So today, my boyfriend, having the store credit available, saw she was on sale and decided he couldn't justify not bringing home a puppy he's been in love with for months.

Spock is very well-behaved and I think we did a really good job training him, so I think we can handle another puppy right now. Our current roommate is very much a dog person, and his dog is a sedate, confident, older husky-lab mix who has already done Spock a world of good in socialization. I'm confident this will go well!

Pictures to come soon /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Edit: And to go with the Star Trek theme, Spock's sister is named Bones.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are promised pictures!

Spock, on the left: "What is this thing you have brought home???" (Taken with cell phone, and don't worry, these two were chasing one another around the house by the end of the night.)

What a sweet face.

Bones and my boyfriend:

Bones and me:

And here are our boy dogs (with honorary beagle Morty), both very excited by the arrival of a 5-month-old girl (um, let's start planning that spay for her and Spock's neutering now please):

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Congrats.

People will say never buy a dog from a store. I say, every dog deserves a home, regardless of where they came from. So, good for you.

Bones, huh? "Dammit Spock, I'm a beagle, not a chew toy!" :hysterical:

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Good for you all!! Sounds like you and your boy friend thought it out well. And she is soooooo pretty. 2 Beags are better than 1!! Have fun!!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:Originally posted by Murphy & Summer's Dad:
People will say never buy a dog from a store. I say, every dog deserves a home, regardless of where they came from. So, good for you.
Thanks /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I was apprehensive at first, too, and have always preferred rescuing over buying from a store; I have a couple of good friends who are involved in rescuing and fostering cats and dogs. But I think I feel better about this one particularly because she was at that store for so long. She's 5 months old and not housebroken, doesn't even know her name, doesn't know very basic commands... Spock was already doing tricks at 4 months. Even from the last 12 hours, I can tell it's going to be tougher to get her trained than it was to train Spock. But I'm glad we're able to give her a good home.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Bones, huh? "Dammit Spock, I'm a beagle, not a chew toy!" :rotflmao:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
She is gorgeous.... and I love the name.
I'm sure she will catch on quickly with you, your boyfriend and the best teacher ever, Spock as guides.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Congrats! She's beautiful. I hate to think about her living in a display box with no love or guidance for so long. I'm sure she's very grateful to have a forever home. More pictures please!

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
:bounce: Congratulations to all of you! So happy Bones has found such a wonderful forever family! :bounce: :bounce2:

She is beautiful! :heart:

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Cute, cute, cute!

How sweet of you and your boyfriend to rescue Bones. Poor little mite being stuck in a store for months! Now she has her forever home and I have no doubt her love and loyalty will be endless.

Congrats!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
I agree with Judy...sounds like you rescued Bones from a pretty sad life. Pet stores should not sell puppies...period...just for this reason. I wonder what would have happened to her once she got too old. Horrible thought.

Bless you both for rescuing her!

~Denise

ps...she is very precious. I can understand why your boyfriend fell in love with her.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts