Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do costs vary a lot from vet to vet??
how much does this procedure typically cost??
thanks /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I don't know how it is in Canada, but here in the States the cost for spaying does vary from vet to vet. Also, usually, weight is a factor in the cost.

You might check to see if there are any low cost spay/neuter clinics in your area. As an example of the difference they can make, my granddaughter had two females to spay. The vet quoted $140 each, and the clinic charged $50 each. Big difference!

I don't remember whether your beagle is a puppy, or is a rescue. In our area, some vets give a discount for dogs adopted from a shelter.

Hopefully, one of our Canadian members can give you an idea of the costs there.

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
It is the same way around here, goes by the weight of the dog and every vet seems to have different prices. Sydney was about $150 for her spay.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Wow guys.... you got it cheap! I payed more than that in NY.... oh, well - it IS NY...

Jennifer, I just noticed the Sydney's picture with the leg buoys (sp?) in your avatar - Priceless.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/greendevil.gif

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Eleanor~That's not what I actually paid, those are just rough estimates of quotes from vets. I went through SNAP (spay neuter assistance program) and got Abby spayed for significantly less.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Where I'm at, it's between $250 and $300 for the spay. That includes blood work and all that goes with it. My vet does lazer and that is closer to $300 and the old fashioned way is closer to $250. This is why I haven't been able to have the girls spayed yet. When I had my shepherd it was $180 and that was 8 years ago. The local shelter is trying to set up a spay and neuter clinic, but the vets in my town and surrounding areas want nothing to do with it. It's just unfortunate.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Here in Japan, we paid the equivalent of $250 American Dollars for her spay and extra for the overnight clinic stay. It was worth it to me because he did fabulous work. Kioko had internal stitches...so she didn't over-lick or mouth at her scar. She didn't even need a cone! She was lively and in no need of pain meds. She was feeling up to jumping up/down from furniture a week later. In addition, her scar is a clean, straight line about an inch and a half long. There was never any swelling or irritation. It was just...perfect. The whole experience.

I paid less for my cat's spay about 4 years ago...something like $150.00, and the care she received was much less than what we had here with Kioko. My cat, Kismet, had stitches that didn't desolve properly, and she had a very unattractive scar. She was out of commission for two weeks, and she was in pain and on pain meds for several days after the procedure.

For the extra $100.00, I'd say it was worth it.

·
Registered
308 Posts
In my part of NC, our local humane soceity uses the SNIP program (spay neuter I don't know program) and it cost $57 to do it. Plus they are also starting to do shots and heartworms. I took all 3 of mine last week and it cost me $18 a piece for the annual shots.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.