Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Super Moderator
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that most of you are noticing the spam posts - the ones about cell phones and TV shows for the most part. I am pretty much on top of them, I sign on 2-4 times a day and delete/ban the posts and posters.

Sorry if they are distracting from our world of beagles...but I am working to keep them away ;)

· Premium Member
685 Posts
I know that most of you are noticing the spam posts - the ones about cell phones and TV shows for the most part. I am pretty much on top of them, I sign on 2-4 times a day and delete/ban the posts and posters.

Sorry if they are distracting from our world of beagles...but I am working to keep them away ;)
Should we continue to report them? Or are you being inundated by the reports? I know I report all the ones I see. You're doing a great job, MM!

· Super Moderator
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You shouldn't have to report them..unless you see something super offensive. I do appreciate the help though, it has been reminding me to get my butt over here and delete and ban those annoying spammers :)

· Super Moderator
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've seen them but I just back back out. I wasn't sure they were spam if they were in two legged talk. I will report them after this.
techie
Unfortunately they hit all of our forum categories. I hate when they post in the Two Legger Talk section because members might think it is a real post about a TV show. Ugh.

One way to stop them is to make new members have to wait to post, but I hate to do that because many times a new member has urgent questions.

· Registered
1,443 Posts
Unfortunately they hit all of our forum categories. I hate when they post in the Two Legger Talk section because members might think it is a real post about a TV show. Ugh.

One way to stop them is to make new members have to wait to post, but I hate to do that because many times a new member has urgent questions.
Well if you need help I will volunteer. Keep in mind I've never done anything like this but if I can help reduce the onslaught I will.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

· Registered
1,443 Posts

· Super Moderator
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just bumping this topic up for new members to see.

We tend to get a ton of spam on weekends and overnight. I usually sign on during the week around 7:30 am eastern time and try to get rid of what I can.

They are so annoying!

· Registered
1,443 Posts
Thanks again MM for all the hard work.

Now if you want more excitement on BW tag TX as spam. That really livened things up. :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

· Registered
68 Posts
Whoopsie... I was trying to help by reporting them. I can see where that could get pesky. It would be excellent to have a way to spam the spammers? I think I could have a bit'o'fun with that? Lol!! :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.